Is the back of g5 sturdy?

A

AC Question

Hey, G5 community.
I just got it with a silicone case to put it. I dont really like the feeling of plastic-silicone in my hand, im a bit scaried to scratch the back of my g5. Do you think is g5 sturdy enough or it just better to keep it in case? I dont drop things, but i guess its going to be washed up with tons of scrathces after some time. Anyway phone is superb, im happy with it.

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
This phone chips...scratches easy in a few places....but one worry you should have about going without a case....is how much more vulnerable the camera cover is prone to scratching. I believe it is just plastic of some sort and not real glass.

The G5 is strong enough without case as far as structural concerns go....its just that cosmetically it will age much quicker than others because of the coating around the metal.

JB233

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
This phone chips...scratches easy in a few places....but one worry you should have about going without a case....is how much more vulnerable the camera cover is prone to scratching. I believe it is just plastic of some sort and not real glass.

The G5 is strong enough without case as far as structural concerns go....its just that cosmetically it will age much quicker than others because of the coating around the metal.
Thanks for answer, do you think case will protect it from early washing up? With my case its hard to press volume buttons and its so weird lol. Without a case volume rocker goes up and down smooth. I really have no idea how it will look after some time. I know some people who use iphones withoit back cases and their phones look as new in mint condition. I think the paint around the screen after some time will look weird. Do you think keeping g5 in jeans pocket will make older it very fast or its ok ?

Last edited:

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Mine is carried in jean and cargo pants all the time. Not sure what case you purchased. I dont like the ones made of all soft silicone. I have the Urban Armor Gear case. Its a harder plastic back with stiff rubber like shock protection on the sides and corners. The camera lens and and screen wont touch a table if layed flat.

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
You can also just get a nice looking d-brand skin for it too. They come in tons of different looks and such. There are other brands that do the same and for keeping the phone feeling thin like it does with out a case, these are great alternatives to keep scratches off. You can take them off later if you like....they are basically stickers. If I was not using a case I would have one of these on for sure.

dbrand skins for LG G5

JB233

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks guys for suggestions i appreciate it. I just realised how beautiful and ultra elegant is our g5. I dont want to put it anywhere lol. Wihout a case it has a natural look and feeling which i like much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol