Nougat update for LG G5

A

AC Question

Can someone please tell me whether unlocked LG G5's are going to receive the Nougat update? I purchased the LG G5 this past weekend and the same night received the Android Security update for January 1, 2017. I like the phone but service from LG is terrible. When I asked about the update they told me to contact my service provider, which is TracFone who told me they have nothing to do with the update. I can't seem to get a straight answer anywhere and may end up taking the LG G5 back.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
LG told you that, because the update, which is indeed available for the G5, will come to you via your carrier. If Tracfone is an MVNO, it would presumably come via the carrier whose network they are using.

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately I have spoken with LG customer service and was told that my rs988, unlocked no contract LG G5 will not be receiving os updates. I have found no evidence that the major contract providers push os updates to customers served by no contract carriers but it would be great if I were wrong. There are several complaints on the LG website in reviews from customers who purchased unlocked LG G5s and discovered they would not be receiving os updates. LG has not refuted the complaints as far as I can see.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar