I have an LG G5 running Android 7.0 with the latest updates on T-Mobile. My micro SD is a 128 GB Sandisk class 10 with about 100 GB full. I've had the card for a few years but haven't noticed any slowdown issues. I decided to encrypt the card using Android's built-in features. It's been going on about an hour now at 1% complete. It did start at 0% and moved up to 1% after about 20 minutes, but I'm concerned now that it may be stuck, as I've read about that happening. Most of the files on the SD card are photos/videos/music, with the rest being app data and whatnot.

Is there anyway to tell if the encrypting process is stuck? If it's stuck, what should I do? How long should I expect it to take? A day? Longer?
    03-31-2017 01:28 PM
    I posted this question before signing in, but as an update, it just switched to 2%. Sounds like I just have a very long wait ahead of me...
    03-31-2017 01:39 PM
    I posted this question before signing in, but as an update, it just switched to 2%. Sounds like I just have a very long wait ahead of me...
    Yeah it does seem little slow but keep in mind encrypting an empty microSD card would go a lot faster, the more data there is on it the longer the encryption process will take (the data needs to be cached as it goes along and then rewritten each step, and so on). Also a Class 10 card just isn't that fast (relatively), it's write speed is 10MB per second -- with 1024MB = 1GB and you've got about 100GB of files it's just a matter of patience. Odd isn't that just a few years ago a Class 10 card was cutting edge fast? Here's a nice chart on speed/card classification:
    https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/speed_class/
    03-31-2017 02:36 PM