Phone Reception Issues with Otterbox Case

dayoungtx

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I just moved into a new home (actually an older historic home) and ever since I've had reception issues with my G5. It is particularly bad when the phone is in the Otterbox case I have. My wife also has Verizon and has not had any issues with her Iphone 5.

Has anyone had similar issues with reception while the phone is in an Otterbox or another hard case like it? Could the case really be impacting recpetion?

Is there anything I can do to boost signal strength?

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Is there anything I can do to boost signal strength?

I can't comment on whether that Otterbox case is part of the problem or not but I will suggest you install this OpenSignal wireless test app:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.staircase3.opensignal&hl=en&token=GwjFmQJz
The app allows you test your WiFi (not relevant in this particular instance) and cellular connection. Do a few tests of the cellular in different parts of your home and maybe a few just outside. The app also will include a map with local cellular towers so you can gauge how far away the closest one is to you. Just offhand it sounds like since moving to your new home (congrats BTW on surviving the move from one house to another) you're just marginally far enough away from the closest tower that your G5 is having this problem. If you can get a decent cable or DSL connection you might want to think about using WiFi calling solutions when you're at home. Another option is to get a cell booster (also know as a femtocell). A cell booster is a little box that acts as a mini-cellular access point, made for consumer use so it's coverage range is typically limited. A good one is relatively pricey though but a lot of people have reported their carrier often just picks up the cost if you talk your way into it. So give Verizon a call, ask really nicely or 'suggest' you're close to just bailing on Verizon to use another carrier and see if you get a deal on one. Basically since you're a paying customer if their service isn't working for you now, they are obligated to make it work.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.staircase3.opensignal&hl=en&token=GwjFmQJz

dayoungtx

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your help. I downloaded the app and it shows a strong 4g signal in the house even though my phone only has a few bars and a more inconsistent signal. I assume the problem is with the phone, right??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois