Vodafone UK - April Software Update

jazzsalt

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
My LG G5 received it's April software update a few days ago and battery performance on Nougat has now significantly improved. Makes such a huge difference :)

Software version I have is v20d-234-15 with the April security update.

steveathome

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
LG Bridge has just informed me there are two updates for my unlocked H850 in UK. Keeps failing after the preparation stage though. So perhaps its finally on its way.

Ultraman1966

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
LG Bridge has just informed me there are two updates for my unlocked H850 in UK. Keeps failing after the preparation stage though. So perhaps its finally on its way.
I doubled check just now and LG Bridge says my phone is up to date. I have asked LG support via email but I doubt they have a real answer for me.

Hungerdunger

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
From my experience, I doubt whether they have an answer for ANYTHING!

If it's any consolation I'm still waiting for Nougat for my UK unbranded LG G5 SE, and they can't tell me if or when I'll get it

steveathome

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Finally got the update OTA. Took 4 hours to download on a 70Mb WiFi. Doesn't say much for LG's servers.

Anyway received v7.0 (v20e) and security update 1 March 2017.

Can't comment on performance.

toni2004

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Hello! Greetings from Portugal! My lg g5 has the same problem!

My actual version is v20a-eur-xx. The phone says there is un update to version v20d-apr-03-2017 (749,15MB):

- by fota the phone downloads the software but then gives the error 0x111d004 in installation;
- by lg bridge the phone says there is an update, but when starts to download gives an error.

I searched google and in turkey the update started on 18/04/2017. My file in Portugal has the date of 2017-04-20.

Since yesterday im trying to update with no success... Chated with lg support and they advised me to take the phone to the technical center... kkkk.

I searched in google and there are rumors that LG is going to update directly to the version 7.1.2 by the ends of April until June.

But from what i saw from the turkey site this new update will remain on android 7.0

Anyway i think the updates are comming!!! Just have to wait!!!

Ultraman1966

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Finally got the update OTA. Took 4 hours to download on a 70Mb WiFi. Doesn't say much for LG's servers.

Anyway received v7.0 (v20e) and security update 1 March 2017.

Can't comment on performance.
I'm still not seeing anything, not on OTA or via LG Bridge. Are you on unbranded UK H850?

steveathome

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
My phone is unlocked on Three. All Three phones are sold unlocked. On the LG update link I put up earlier it's under Hutchinson UK. So technically it's a branded phone that's sold unlocked.

Jan Suhr

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I got it this morning here in Sweden. I had hoped it would be v7.1 but it still shows as v7.0 and that this was just a security update.

Ultraman1966

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
"Hi David,

Thank you for your query regarding the security updates on your LG G5,

I have looked in to this for you and due to the size of the updates LG will only release these updates when they are neccessary as these will take up storage space on your phone. Since Novemeber 2016 (when your last update was released) there have been no security risks so an update has not been needed, the Vodafone patch you are seeing will have been released by Vodafone and not from LG directly. A security patch will be released when there is the need for one, as there are no security risks there is no need for a security patch to be released.

Kind regards
John
LG Electronics UK Help desk"

No need for security updates but the rest of the world is getting them...hmm.

toni2004

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Hello! Yes your right! However i dont know why my phone every day wants to update without success... Already made a soft and hard reset...

My phone is factory unlocked and never unlock, put other software or bootloader.. Mystery...

toni2004

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Did you try with LG Bridge?

Otherwise I found a link on xda where its very ease to update the phone in 10 minutes... But attention: This is a Stock Rom for unlocked phones!!! Not sure if it fits for Vodafone!!!(v20d-apr-03-2017) without rooting or adultering your phone!

Last edited:

washburn_it

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I just received the notification for the "v20d" update (unbranded H850 italian)...a few time ago I wondered why LG was not updating the G5 since the last Nougat update.
But, if I'm correct, it's not the 7.1.1.
Regards,

Roberto

washburn_it

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
It's been 10 days since the v20d update, I didn't notice relevant differences than before the update.
The only difference that I noticed is that when the charge is completed, the LED turns off instead of turning on green.
Someone noticed something else?
Regards,

Roberto

jazzsalt

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
My G5 just got updated OTA (update on an update as it were!)

Software version I have is v20k-234-15 with the 1 August 2017 security update.

Glad that this phone is still receiving software and security updates :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781