G5 to G6

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Not at this point. I'm very happy with my G5, especially the ability to swap batteries. While I have the camera module, I don't use it much. It works pretty well for me even without using modules.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I just jumped from the G4 to the G5, and I'll be sticking with it until at least next year. I just don't see what the newer phones do that justify an upgrade. You just have to resist all of the great commercials that scream" buy me".

ewak12321

Nov 13, 2013
plus.google.com
No, even if I would get G6 as a gift. Why?
- untypical screen proportions, it means that all nonoptimized apps or widgets would not look right
- non removable battery, im keeping my phones as long as they work well enough (2, 3 even more years) and non removable batteries are losing juice after 1 year I notice battery performs woare on almost every phone and with G5 I can just order one and swap
- no pink version, maybe I would choose white one
- glass I hate glass phones. Fingerprint magnets, looks nice until you touch it, blending effect but not good enough as a mirror. Dirt is more noticeable. Easier to break.
- bigger screen with not much bigger battery = even less battery life

But built-in DAC and more camera options would be nice. But its not enough for me to switch.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Not at this point. I'm very happy with my G5, especially the ability to swap batteries. While I have the camera module, I don't use it much. It works pretty well for me even without using modules.
Well, a day later, and I'm singing a new tune. I found issues with Bluetooth dropping out occasionally, and Sprint let me choose between the G6 and the HTC 10. I decided to stick with the newer flagship. After problems with three G4 units, and 3 G5 phones, in hoping the 3rd time will be the charm.

darkehawke

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I was going to, but the camera is downgraded and the regional restrictions means its not worth my money.

For the first time ever, I am seriously considering a Samsung device as LG has failed me spectacularly with the G6

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
No, not as long as my G5 is working good. I just paid off the paypal 6 month no intrest last month. Now if it should be damaged or something under warranty I may switch to G6. I still like that the G5 can swap batteries. I like that the g6 is water resistant, the other specs are same or a little better. Still not worth giving up a paid for working phone to buy a new one again for those features