I have had every type of smart phone imaginable and this LGG5 has never performed when using the GPS function. The signal jumps around and fails to get a signal from the first day I bought this model. The phone has never been dropped, gotten wet or suffered any damage whatsoever however, I cannot get the GPS to function with any degree of success. Is this a known issue with this model or did I get a dud?
    06-10-2017 05:48 PM
    I have had every type of smart phone imaginable and this LGG5 has never performed when using the GPS function. The signal jumps around and fails to get a signal from the first day I bought this model. The phone has never been dropped, gotten wet or suffered any damage whatsoever however, I cannot get the GPS to function with any degree of success. Is this a known issue with this model or did I get a dud?
    Sounds like a dud, as the LG G5 should be comparable to any other high end smart phone GPS as it has
    A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS not just A-GPS
    06-10-2017 11:23 PM
    Same here, I've had mine for close to a year, and the GPS works flawlessly. Sounds like you should exchange it for a new G5.
    06-11-2017 01:43 AM
    no problems on my G5, works perfect.
    06-11-2017 11:07 AM
    Me neither absolutely love this phone.
    06-11-2017 09:37 PM
    I've had my G5 for a year now and I started having problems with the GPS for the last 4 months... I opened the back and tried to mess with the GPS connections and that had limited success (you can search this method). So my GPS is very flakey....sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I use this phone for work, so I can't send it in and wait til they fix it, so I'll just live with it the way it is... I'm due a new phone next month, so I'll get a new phone and not have to deal with this anymore.
    Norg likes this.
    06-12-2017 11:49 AM
    I've had my G5 for a year now and I started having problems with the GPS for the last 4 months... I opened the back and tried to mess with the GPS connections and that had limited success (you can search this method). So my GPS is very flakey....sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I use this phone for work, so I can't send it in and wait til they fix it, so I'll just live with it the way it is... I'm due a new phone next month, so I'll get a new phone and not have to deal with this anymore.
    Ironically, my GPS has started behaving erratically... After speaking with a very knowledgeable Tech person at AT&T, they believe that it's likely associated to a recent App download which has somehow triggered this behavior.

Sincerely hope that's all it is, so I removed a few recently installed apps to see if it would improve my situation. Based on this technician, the next step would be to perform a factory reset to see if that weeds out the conflicting culprit.

Gmoney SoCal, which smartphone did you end up getting?
    06-27-2017 10:43 AM
    My first lg g5 had gps issue i got a replacement. Now after about 8 months its starting to go bad too!
    07-25-2017 01:06 AM
    My first lg g5 had gps issue i got a replacement. Now after about 8 months its starting to go bad too!
    I finally caved in and opted for a you know what!
    07-25-2017 01:59 AM
    You have a bad unit, it can be fixed if you are brave and its not that hard. But its up to you.
    07-30-2017 06:47 PM