I recently got the LG G5 which came with the android version 6.0 Marsmallow. I was aware that I could update it to 7.0 Nougat so I did. (Keep in mind this took a very long time. When it had finished. Nothing had changed. I know this because one if the features of Nougat was the multi window function. So I tried again. Nothing. And again. Nothing. I gave up after a bit. A few weeks passed and I had initially forgot about it. Then I get a notification that there is a new software update available (for Nougat). So I installed it. I now have the latest android versin of Nougat installed. However, now here's the problem, I am still getting notifications for the new software update, despite having the latest version. I checked this in the 'about phone' section of my settings and it says I have version 7.0 Nougat. Is there any reason why I'm still getting these notifications and how to stop it?
    07-03-2017 04:36 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Don't know the reason, maybe because the first time didn't work correctly. I would clear the system cache, that may bring it up to date.
    07-03-2017 11:07 AM