How do I transfer old device settings (mirror settings and display) to new phone

ryanandree

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I recently had to replace my LG G4 due to it being stuck in boot up mode (so this device is not available to use as a source to restore info); however, having been in this position before, I thought I had covered all my bases. I set up Google Backup on my old phone, but when I restore the account on my new phone, the only things that transfer and auto download are the apps and settings associated with the apps and my background/wallpaper photo. Every article I have read says that my device settings will also be transferred, but this is not happening with my phone. Can someone please tell me how to make this happen?

I was expecting my new phone, once the Google info was entered, to mirror my old phone with apps and widgets placed on the correct screens, all wifi settings transferred, ringtones put back into place, etc. Is this possible?

When I open Google Drive, I can see my old phone apps and settings saved under backups, but I do not see how to transfer the info. I also do not see how to open the files. What is the point of a cloud backup if it is not useable? It seems like I should be able to access that info and move to my internal storage if it does not happen automatically.

Thank you for any help or advice,
Ryan

currently have an LG G5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol