Wi-Fi problems after update v20i

washburn_it

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I would like to know if I'm the only one to face this problem that came out after the update to v20i (unbranded H850 italian).
Before the update everything worked without problems, after the update the Wi-Fi started to show some strange behaviour.
The first thing that I noticed is that the signal level shown by the small icon on the notification bar always shows like the signal strength from the access point is weak.
Only if I put the phone close (within 2 meters) to the access point it shows full signal.
With the P9 Lite of my daughter or the Zenfone 2 of my wife wherever I put their phone in the house, it shows full signal or nearly full signal.
Before the update it always shown the same of the other two phones.

When the phone goes to "deep-sleep" and I reactivate it (I left the Wi-Fi active) the Wi-Fi icon is disappeared and I have to wait 4/5 secs before it appears again.
The option "keep Wi-Fi active during sleep" is set to "yes" in "advanced settings" of Wi-Fi.

Often if I'm not near to the access point, it shows the Wi-Fi network but it doesn't connect to it (so the icon on the notification bar is not present).
I have to click on it and then click on "connect", most of the times it connects otherwise I have to click on connect two or more times.
I tried it with several Wi-Fi networks (home, work, some friend's house) and the behaviour is the same.

Did someone else experience the same problem?
After the update I didn't factory reset.
Thank you, regards.

Roberto

Last edited:

washburn_it

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I've made a factory reset and now WiFi it's working as expected but I noticed another (small) issue:
I've created some "direct call" (translated from italian) widgets on my home screen but when I click on one of them the call doesn't start automatically but the number is displayed and to start the call I have to click on the "green telephone icon" like when I have to make a "manual" call.
Am I the only one to have noticed that thing?

Regards,

Roberto

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol