Since last LGG5 update my camera keeps crashing? Any ideas on how to fix?

Tiffany Longcor

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
I got my LG G5 last summer and I use my camera A LOT as I'm a personal trainer so i have to take a lot of pictures & videos and since the update I got a couple weeks ago my camera keeps crashing out. I can MAY BE get one picture out before i get the "camera has stopped working"

and my videos are wigging out when they get taken. like you can see jumps and glitches on the clips.

I get 90% of my business off of posting pictures and videos so this is SUPER frustrating to me. I've restarted my phone more times than i can count

Anyone else having this problem?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Agreed: Also, you can enter recovery, and do a Cache Partition Wipe (no data loss). Sometimes, after major software updates, these issues arise, and if clearing the data (as noted by Jason) doesn't work, or a cache wipe, then you'll probably going to need to do a system restore. ***BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR HONE BEFORE DOING THAT***

cheetah143

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem also, found out it was a hardware issue contacted lg they let me return my phone and replaced it. haven't had any problems since. Hope this helps.

droidfoo

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
hey cheetah, when you say you contacted LG, how did this work exactly? I haven't tried that route yet because I was told to contact my service carrier and initiate the warranty. They've just denied the warranty so I am out of luck and frustrated.

I have the exact same problem, camera app keeps crashing on app launch. Did a hard reset on the phone and the camera app worked at first, then when I switched to wide-angle mode and camera app crashed and crashes on all successive app launches. I reproduced this exact problem with 2 more hard resets and have no idea what to do next.

droidfoo

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
hey cheetah, when you say you contacted LG, how did this work exactly? I haven't tried that route yet because I was told to contact my service carrier and initiate the warranty. They've just denied the warranty so I am out of luck and frustrated.

I have the exact same problem, camera app keeps crashing on app launch. Did a hard reset on the phone and the camera app worked at first, then when I switched to wide-angle mode and camera app crashed and crashes on all successive app launches. I reproduced this exact problem with 2 more hard resets and have no idea what to do next.

cheetah143

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey droidfoo, at that time my phone was still under warranty, I took it to verizon for a repair they said they couldn't repair it, instructed me to contact lg, I was given a claim # sent it back to lg and I thought they repaired it but it was a replacement phone. haven't had anymore problems since then.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz