LG G5 camera app shows wide angle photo option on the front camera and not the rear

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

A couple of weeks ago my LG G5 broke stopped working and kept turning on and off repeatedly. I've managed to repair it to some extent by doing a factory reset. Since then it works ok, although the power button doesn't respod to pushing the power button, while the fingerprint scanner (located on the same button) still works.

I've managed to replace the power button function with an accesibility setting, that I think is not really important for my current question, which is: When i open the phone camera, the options and functions, that were usually displayed, when the rear camera was operating, are now open while the front camera is active and vice versa. As all LG G5 owners know, the device has two rear cameras for the wide angle shots and currently, this is the only type of shots i can make (not only on the camera app, but also snapchat instagram etc., which is a bit ironic considering i tried to use wide angle on these apps before the malfunction, but couldn't figure it out).

When i tried to open the wide angle option on the front camera, the system reported an error and shut down the camera, after which i was unable to reopen it, before i cleared the cache partition on the phone or for this app specifically.
I've searched forums and help pages for a similar problem, but haven't encountered anything. Has anybody got a solution to my problem? I just want to switch the modes back to normal - wide angle and single lense mode on the rear camera and single lense on the front camera.
Thanks!

Avielalouf

Aug 12, 2018
Visit site
A couple of weeks ago my LG G5 broke stopped working and kept turning on and off repeatedly. I've managed to repair it to some extent by doing a factory reset. Since then it works ok, although the power button doesn't respod to pushing the power button, while the fingerprint scanner (located on the same button) still works.

I've managed to replace the power button function with an accesibility setting, that I think is not really important for my current question, which is: When i open the phone camera, the options and functions, that were usually displayed, when the rear camera was operating, are now open while the front camera is active and vice versa. As all LG G5 owners know, the device has two rear cameras for the wide angle shots and currently, this is the only type of shots i can make (not only on the camera app, but also snapchat instagram etc., which is a bit ironic considering i tried to use wide angle on these apps before the malfunction, but couldn't figure it out).

When i tried to open the wide angle option on the front camera, the system reported an error and shut down the camera, after which i was unable to reopen it, before i cleared the cache partition on the phone or for this app specifically.
I've searched forums and help pages for a similar problem, but haven't encountered anything. Has anybody got a solution to my problem? I just want to switch the modes back to normal - wide angle and single lense mode on the rear camera and single lense on the front camera.
Thanks!