LG G5's Battery Draining Whilst Charging

livebygrace

Dec 25, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

My LG G5 battery is always draining while i'm charging and using it at the same time.

The problem is that when the battery level at 5% or lower, the charger doesn't seem to work as the battery keeps draining until it goes off.

I use 2.0 amp output charger.

I can only use the battery kit to charge the battery back to normal level. Luckily i have 2 batteries.

This is not normal for Android phone because with another phone, you can still use the phone whilst charging without draining the battery.

Do you think i have a problem with the battery (or the faulty handset) or this is common for LG G5?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"The problem is that when the battery level at 5% or lower" is the problem. Lithium batteries are not deep discharge batteries - you can kill a brand new battery in a month or two by draining it like that. Replace the battery (they're pretty cheap) and charge it when it gets down to 40% at the worst (orr turn the phone off). A 50% will give you even longer battery life.

Phones don't charge almost fully-discharged batteries - that's what leads to Note 7s. Some external chargers (and you seem to have one) pre-charge the battery, then kick into charge mode when there's a reasonable charge on the battery (10%-15%). It doesn't matter if you have a 30 Amp charger - the phone will only draw the current it's designed to draw - probably in the 1.2-1.5 Amp range for a G5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463