Possible widespread security issue

qbertillio

Apr 26, 2018
Visit site
After picking up my phone yesterday I noticed the drAPN_N app had downloaded randomly. I searched for it in settings and found it after clicking the system apps tab. When I found it I force closed it and noticed it came from the lgserviceinstaller, which sounds very offical. I did a quick search and found other people having the issue. Does anyone happen to know what this is or what it does? I went to get my phone looked at in one of the stores but they could not tell me what it was only that it could possibly be a security concern and I should probably get a new phone. This download came out of nowhere and after multiple factory resets it still continues to automatically load itself. I am also unable to disable it. I am stumped

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That really doesn't help other than showing that others have it.

True, but I also wanted the OP to know that there are others seeing the same thing.

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess it's a carrier-specific system app. That Reddit thread suggests that it's appearing on US Cellular and Sprint, which are both CDMA. Which carrier are you on?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
True, but I also wanted the OP to know that there are others seeing the same thing.

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess it's a carrier-specific system app. That Reddit thread suggests that it's appearing on US Cellular and Sprint, which are both CDMA. Which carrier are you on?
I'm on Verizon.

Ed_Strong

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I saw this thread 2 nights ago. I checked my phone and didn't have it installed. Then last night before bed I noticed that it had been downloaded and installed without my consent. Im on Sprint network. It appears to be an LG specific app, as it comes up under the LG App Center folder along with Cloud, LG Keyboard, LG Mobile Switch, QuickMemo+, etc

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08