Lg G5 screen coming off alone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I was using my phone in bed and then the screen started coming off from the bottom alone. I did not drop it or something. Screen works perfectly it looks like the glue came off. How do i fix it?

lever2000

May 4, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem with the one I had, the issue was the battery got to cold and it jelled up and it expanded had a hard removing it from the phone, that's Wat popped my screen of luckily for me the phone had other issues as well so I sent it back to LG and they sent me a new one.

Apeman34

Dec 18, 2017
Visit site
Same problem here. One day I noticed corner of screen not flush with trim. Stuck my nail under it and effortlessly peeled it back up to the top of the phone! Still works fine. Got a new case that holds screen in place. Still wonder why it happened. Can anyone suggest the right type of glue to use? Thx.

Adriannick27

Jul 3, 2019
Visit site
Same problem here. One day I noticed corner of screen not flush with trim. Stuck my nail under it and effortlessly peeled it back up to the top of the phone! Still works fine. Got a new case that holds screen in place. Still wonder why it happened. Can anyone suggest the right type of glue to use? Thx.

Did it ever get worse? my right corner side started to separate also :( to the point i can see light coming out of the gap planning on getting a case that holds it in place.

Adriannick27

Jul 3, 2019
Visit site
the frame of the display is in tact but the screen its self is the one popping out. and i can see the glue barely holding that corner of the screen in place as well

thank you for replying to me.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
the frame of the display is in tact but the screen its self is the one popping out. and i can see the glue barely holding that corner of the screen in place as well

thank you for replying to me.
If it's the entirely screen....glass and display, you should be able to pop it back into place

Adriannick27

Jul 3, 2019
Visit site
If it's the entirely screen....glass and display, you should be able to pop it back into place

Idk how to explain this but its not the frame its the display maybe this picture can help? Thanks for responding

I bought a case that might help it the display stay in place.

Attachments

• 2805BC09-C81B-4EC5-87E6-895C8B7168FE.jpg
    2805BC09-C81B-4EC5-87E6-895C8B7168FE.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 4

Amanda Crockett

Jul 9, 2022
Visit site
On my first LG g5 phone I Had NO such problems with the phone but I also found it at 400.00 when other people were giving 600-700.00 but my second LG g5 with somewhat different menus selections or appearance in the program itself... The corner lifted up and now both corners will lift up on the phones chin piece area!! Now it Will fall up to 2 inches away from the phone itself!!
But before anymore damage happens has anybody used super glue to re attach the phone?? Screen to phone?
Or what has everybody done or used to safly Solve this problem please ....ty.

Amanda Crockett

Jul 9, 2022
Visit site
No layers yet
Just you can see where it WAS attached to the inside of the phone but it's clean no glue or anything is there on corners behind the screen.

Ben xfg

Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
No layers yet
Just you can see where it WAS attached to the inside of the phone but it's clean no glue or anything is there on corners behind the screen.

Wow sounds like a QC issue. Do not use super glue, rather use something like T7000 adhesive to glue it back in place. Sticky double sided tape would also do the trick if you have any of that available.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
On my first LG g5 phone I Had NO such problems with the phone but I also found it at 400.00 when other people were giving 600-700.00 but my second LG g5 with somewhat different menus selections or appearance in the program itself... The corner lifted up and now both corners will lift up on the phones chin piece area!! Now it Will fall up to 2 inches away from the phone itself!!
But before anymore damage happens has anybody used super glue to re attach the phone?? Screen to phone?
Or what has everybody done or used to safly Solve this problem please ....ty.
Did you just buy this phone from a seller? Where did you buy it from? $400 for a 6 year old phone that is broken is not a good deal. If you bought it from ebay I'd recommend filing a claim with PayPal if the seller doesn't give you a refund.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair