LG G5 usb option menu disappears befor being able to select an option.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My lg g5 constantly shows its usb options menu which once i change the priority isn't so much of an issue.

But what is a problem is that when I do need to use that menu I cannot do so.
Before I have the chance to select one of the options the menu disappears.

I tap on the notification, menu shows for 1 second or less and then disappears.
The most annoying thing is that it has set itself to charge other devices so I can't charge the phone unless I turn the phone off and then plug it in.

I also get the "connect supported module" each time i reboot the phone or turn it off and then on again.

I've cleaned all contacts on the module and the phone with a soft brush and alcohol many times and they couldn't be more shiny and clean. Keep having to leave the module disconnected for half an hour before it will recognize it as a supported module again.

Think I might just have a bad module and need to replace it. But I am not in the states and have no easy access to replacement parts so any other solution would be greatly appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what "module" you're talking about, but once you plug a device into the USB connector, you should be able to pull the notification bar down and see something about "Android system - USB ..." Tap that and you'll get "tap for more options". When you do, you'll get the menu.

Rick1986

Apr 20, 2019
Visit site
I don't know what "module" you're talking about, but once you plug a device into the USB connector, you should be able to pull the notification bar down and see something about "Android system - USB ..." Tap that and you'll get "tap for more options". When you do, you'll get the menu.

With module I mean the bottom part of the LG G5 phone that disconnects and holds the battery.

lg-g5-battery.jpg

As I explained in my original post, when I tap on the notification, the menu pops up for just a split second before disappearing. Meaning no matter how many thousands of times I tap on the notification to get the menu, there is no way for me to be able to use the menu because its gone before I can select any option.

Last edited:

James T Past IT

May 8, 2021
Visit site
Hi there I'm having the same exact problem with the LG velvet 5G from AT&T great phone good condition no problems with it other than this one but large issue. Causing data transfer problems, tethering problems, myriad charging problems, pretty much anything that requires the USB port other than just a plug suck.

It seems to be centered around just the pop-up menu itself because the notifications look to appear properly if the phone it plugged in or something is plugged into. But when clicking on the notification to open up the USB configurations it's there just long enough for me to know what it is and just disappears and it's doing the same thing from the settings like networking or USB configuration or from the developer menu and I've cleaned everything thinking contamination. I've tried changing chords and it's not centered around what is being plugged in or plugged into the phone at all it's just in the popup menu at self it's like something else is pulling it down away from me before I can click on it if that makes any sense. So if anybody has any kind of input on this I'd appreciate it it looks like or guy up here either got it worked out I just ended up throwing away the phone with the account no but seriously it's going to be a major problem soon because I'm wanting to dig up roots and I absolutely have to have solid line between my computer and my phone. I bought the booger when it was new so it would hurt if I wasn't able to take myself out of some kind of Hole by using USB

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol