How to send group gmail on LG G5

halfbeing

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
How can I send a Gmail to a group on an LG G5 when the Contacts app doesn't have an option to send an email to a group?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I ran into this before. Open your Contacts app, and tap your profile pic at the upper right. What's at the very top -- "Contacts from all accounts" or your profile pic with your Gmail account? If "Contacts from all accounts" is at the top, then tap your Gmail account (which will subsequently make your Gmail account appear at the very top). Now tap the hamburger menu icon at the upper left -- you should now see all of your Labels. Tap one of them, then tap the menu button at the upper right, then Send Email.

halfbeing

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I ran into this before. Open your Contacts app, and tap your profile pic at the upper right. What's at the very top -- "Contacts from all accounts" or your profile pic with your Gmail account? If "Contacts from all accounts" is at the top, then tap your Gmail account (which will subsequently make your Gmail account appear at the very top). Now tap the hamburger menu icon at the upper left -- you should now see all of your Labels. Tap one of them, then tap the menu button at the upper right, then Send Email.
I don't have a profile pic. Here is a screenshot of what I see in the contact app.
8540d7d8932b7e676aec2e0e07fcd276.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's actually the Phone app, not the Contacts app. Go back to your homescreen or App Drawer and tap the Contacts icon.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's where the contacts icon takes me.

I'm not familiar with how LG does things -- it's strange that they don't have a Contacts app that is separate from the Phone app. Is the Contacts app you're tapping the one you see in the App Drawer?

If LG's own Contacts app doesn't do it, then stick with the Google Contacts app, as you've found.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835