why no extended battery cases ?

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Quick update. The Zerolemon is now available for purchase again from Amazon. I used their 70% off coupon and just bought another one.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
So a coworker today noticed my Zerolemon case on my LG G6 and said "wow looks like you're carrying around a 1990s phone lol"

Then I looked at his iPhone 5 with a shattered screen and then laughed and walked away

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Haven't posted in a while but I finally tried the other battery case for the LG G6. From Newdery. It's only 5000 mAh but I prefer it. It's not as heavy, tall, or ginormous to hold as the 8000 mAh from Zerolemon. And with 5000 mAh, it still gets me thru the entire day without having to plug in. I can use this case daily much easier than the Zerolemon
ee47eb5e17a499ab522d5ac5dd0e3f76.jpg

Last edited:

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

how's the feel? and is it a TPU case?

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
how's the feel? and is it a TPU case?
Yeah a soft tpu case. Seems more scratch prone than the Zerolemon one. Got several little scratches after only a few hours using it

It feels nice in the hands but a little slippery.

(Sorry for the pics being in landscape. When I posted it was vertical...weird )

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah a soft tpu case. Seems more scratch prone than the Zerolemon one. Got several little scratches after only a few hours using it

It feels nice in the hands but a little slippery.

(Sorry for the pics being in landscape. When I posted it was vertical...weird )
Just saw this and bought it. I have found that on my heaviest day I never drop the zero lemon down to even 2 lights. So basically I'm carrying around extra weight that's not being used. 5000 seems to fit my day much better, but will keep the zero lemon for any trips where I am not sure if I'll find an outlet that night.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Just saw this and bought it. I have found that on my heaviest day I never drop the zero lemon down to even 2 lights. So basically I'm carrying around extra weight that's not being used. 5000 seems to fit my day much better, but will keep the zero lemon for any trips where I am not sure if I'll find an outlet that night.
Let us know what you think about the Newdery. It's a bit slippery to warn you but with some anti-slip tape it's all good

I'm like you, I never used the entire 8000 mAh battery in a day, and I charge every night. So this 5000 mAh Newdery fits my needs much better.

Yesterday my day started at 7am (taking kids to school) and my battery and case died around 10pm. But I did alot, played some NBA 2k17, take a ton of photos , watched alot of YouTube etc. So yeah it lasts the whole day no problem.

I'm keeping the Zerolemon because got it for $17 after their coupon so not worth returning it lol

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Let us know what you think about the Newdery. It's a bit slippery to warn you but with some anti-slip tape it's all good

I'm like you, I never used the entire 8000 mAh battery in a day, and I charge every night. So this 5000 mAh Newdery fits my needs much better.

Yesterday my day started at 7am (taking kids to school) and my battery and case died around 10pm. But I did alot, played some NBA 2k17, take a ton of photos , watched alot of YouTube etc. So yeah it lasts the whole day no problem.

I'm keeping the Zerolemon because got it for $17 after their coupon so not worth returning it lol
Just put the Newdery on. Initial thoughts...

Pros:
Love the size and shape. The smaller chin is nice, but the curve on the bottom makes the case fit in the hand much better.

Cons:
Not as much of a fan of the matte feel of this over the rubberized hard tpu of zero lemon.

Also not a fan of how the case is built of a frame that snaps in place over the phone and better. I prefer the way the zero lemon case envelops the whole phone and better in a singular tpu skin. When my fingers touch a crease in the case it definitely doesn't feel natural.

Lastly, I like the fingerprint hole better on the zero lemon. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but on the Newdery, you have to get used to hitting the perfect spot, much like you do when carrying the phone naked.

I know listed many more cons than pros, but honestly, the pro of being smaller and fitting my hand better is the most important thing, especially since I only need 1 charge per day. If you need more than that, it's zero lemon all the way.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Just put the Newdery on. Initial thoughts...

Pros:
Love the size and shape. The smaller chin is nice, but the curve on the bottom makes the case fit in the hand much better.

Cons:
Not as much of a fan of the matte feel of this over the rubberized hard tpu of zero lemon.

Also not a fan of how the case is built of a frame that snaps in place over the phone and better. I prefer the way the zero lemon case envelops the whole phone and better in a singular tpu skin. When my fingers touch a crease in the case it definitely doesn't feel natural.

Lastly, I like the fingerprint hole better on the zero lemon. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but on the Newdery, you have to get used to hitting the perfect spot, much like you do when carrying the phone naked.

I know listed many more cons than pros, but honestly, the pro of being smaller and fitting my hand better is the most important thing, especially since I only need 1 charge per day. If you need more than that, it's zero lemon all the way.

That's funny because I prefer the fingerprint sensor with the Newdery case vs Zerolemon. Zerolemon feels too recessed in the case for my fingers.

I agree with the weird creaks in case. When I put the anti slip tape just on the sides it took away the creaks and gave much better grip

But I've been switching between the LG g6 and my backup iPhone 6 Plus. Guess got bored lol. So far liking the smoothness of the iPhone...

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone in this thread still wearing one of these battery cases on a daily basis?

I actually am using both of them. Prefer the shape, weight, and capacity of the Newdery for a single day use. Prefer the feel and finish of the Zero Lemon, and obviously prefer it on road trips, which is what I'm on now.

I will say every now and then, I see my skinny little regular case and envy the feel of a regular phone. But they feeling of battery anxiety is very real. I'm being halfway facetious, but I can't deny its nice being able to use my phone any way I want and never ever check what my battery percent is. Is it with the heft... Your call.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it's not a looker that's for sure but I've gotten alot of Zerolemon and it's for function not looks.

Since I travel alot it's a must for me. Someone on a YouTube made a great analogy (Flossy Carter I think), when it's pouring rain, and you only have your kid's Dora the explorer umbrella, you aren't gonna care how you look. Same as this. When I'm stuck at airport and my phone is dying I'm not gonna care how my case looks

LOOOOL I love this analogy. And thank you for the battery case recommendations!

smallville kc

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Just got the Zero Lemon on Friday. It was on sale for $39.99 and free next day shipping. It even came from the fulfillment center where I work.

I have had their products before so I know what to expect. Bigger than I wanted but didn't really like what I read about the three other battery cases.