why no extended battery cases ?

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have had my LG G6 for about a month and simply love it. Only two things I hate is the tiny 32 gb internal storage and the battery life

I've looked everywhere, including Amazon and eBay, and no one has released an extended battery case for the G6. I've even tweeted to Zerolemon to see if they plan on making one (still waiting to hear back)

Does anyone know why no companies have made a battery case for the LG? Is it just too new or not selling well enough?

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I do a weekly search on it as well. It's not looking good. My battery life is terrible, but it's because i have to run an app that connects to my continuous glucose monitor that runs non stop. I get around 2 hours 30 minutes of screen on time. As of now whenever I'm at my desk i place it on a wireless charger which tops it off enough to keep it going for the day.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I found a LG G5 battery case from PowerBear. Wonder if it'll fit the LG G6​? The G5 and G6 have very similar dimensions. Someone I read said an OtterBox commuter for the G5 fit his G6 well.

Since it's on Amazon wonder if I should try it. I can always return it if it doesn't fit

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
bad news. I messaged Mophie directly thru their Facebook contact, if they plan on making a battery case for the LG G6, and their reply was:

"Sorry not at this time. However any of our powerstations will help keep your LG G6 powered". and then gave me a link to a external battery pack.

I already have a battery pack from Anker but was hoping for a battery case. oh well

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I do a weekly search on it as well. It's not looking good. My battery life is terrible, but it's because i have to run an app that connects to my continuous glucose monitor that runs non stop. I get around 2 hours 30 minutes of screen on time. As of now whenever I'm at my desk i place it on a wireless charger which tops it off enough to keep it going for the day.

Not sure if anyone is following this thread but I took the plunge and ordered the PowerBear battery case for the LG G5

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01K...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5863433

I hope it fits the LG G6. I should get it in two days being a Amazon prime member. And if it doesn't fit I'll just return it

I'll report back here if it works or not

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I am definitely interested. That would be amazing. Please post with pictures when you get it.

Yup will definitely do. It's "only" a 4000 mAh battery case Wish Zerolemon would come out with their crazy 8000 or 10k extended batteries. I'll post pics of it Wednesday when I get it

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if anyone is following this thread but I took the plunge and ordered the PowerBear battery case for the LG G5

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01K...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5863448

I hope it fits the LG G6. I should get it in two days being a Amazon prime member. And if it doesn't fit I'll just return it

I'll report back here if it works or not
G6 is 1 mm shorter, 2 mm narrower, and 0.6 mm thicker. I wonder how that will affect it? It's smaller in length and width, will the 0.6 mm thick damage the phone?

Last edited:

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
awesome! I messaged Zerolemon thru Facebook and they replied:

"Yes the LG G6 battery case will be available in July."

I can't wait for that. usually it's a humongous battery

now wonder if I should cancel my PowerBear order?

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
awesome! I messaged Zerolemon thru Facebook and they replied:

"Yes the LG G6 battery case will be available in July."

I can't wait for that. usually it's a humongous battery

now wonder if I should cancel my PowerBear order?
I just messaged them as well asking for confirmation as well. If it is true it probably will be better, but selfishly I'd like to see how the Powerbear fits

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I just messaged them as well asking for confirmation as well. If it is true it probably will be better, but selfishly I'd like to see how the Powerbear fits

Yeah since Zerolemon confirmed it with me I cancelled my PowerBear order. Even if that fit , I rather have the larger battery that Zerolemon will have can't wait till it's released

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Here's a screenshot of my messenger with Zerolemon

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-26-07-43-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-06-26-07-43-02.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 46

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Another confirmation of the Zerolemon LG G6 extended battery case, this time on Twitter asked by someone else

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-26-09-04-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-06-26-09-04-34.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 39

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
so I found out the Zerolemon LG G6 extended battery case is gonna be 8000 mAh. humongous like their other cases but a little disappointed because the Galaxy S8+ is 8500 mAh and iPhone 7 plus is 10,000 mAh!

still, can't wait till it's released. definitely buying one

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
so I found out the Zerolemon LG G6 extended battery case is gonna be 8000 mAh. humongous like their other cases but a little disappointed because the Galaxy S8+ is 8500 mAh and iPhone 7 plus is 10,000 mAh!

still, can't wait till it's released. definitely buying one
Did you sign up for their reviewer program? Supposedly you get a discount if they let you in. The Google Form to fill out is on their Facebook page.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Did you sign up for their reviewer program? Supposedly you get a discount if they let you in. The Google Form to fill out is on their Facebook page.

Yeah I did. Signed up a couple days ago but haven't heard back from them. I'll get the case either way lol

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I was totally coming in here to start a thread about this and you guys are way ahead of me.. I JUST sold my wife's G5 PowerBear case.. lol I didn't even think about trying to see if it fits.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
eww.. that chin is UGLY
Yeah it's not a looker that's for sure but I've gotten alot of Zerolemon and it's for function not looks.

Since I travel alot it's a must for me. Someone on a YouTube made a great analogy (Flossy Carter I think), when it's pouring rain, and you only have your kid's Dora the explorer umbrella, you aren't gonna care how you look. Same as this. When I'm stuck at airport and my phone is dying I'm not gonna care how my case looks