Tethered number not found for vs988

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a verison lg g6 used on straight talk. I have 10 gb of mobile hotspot a month but when I try to use it it says either i need to be subscribed to verison or tether number not found. Any help would be appreciated

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's probably because the phone's hotspot will only work on Verizon. Are you sure Straight Talk includes hotspot in its plan? I seem to recall that they didn't allow hotspot usage from you phone (but instead had to buy standalone hotspot units).

Christy Prince

May 26, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's probably because the phone's hotspot will only work on Verizon. Are you sure Straight Talk includes hotspot in its plan? I seem to recall that they didn't allow hotspot usage from you phone (but instead had to buy standalone hotspot units).

The hotspot plan is fairly new but yes they offer it now on their 55$ plan

Christy Prince

May 26, 2020
Visit site

Its a newer plan but yes they have it now

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, then it's possible that the phone will only allow hotspot usage when you're on Verizon, since it's a Verizon-branded phone (even though Straight Talk is using Verizon towers). Call Verizon and ask them if they can tell you if that's the case (Straight Talk probably wouldn't know much about Verizon's restrictions on their phones).

EDIT: I found this, which confirms what I was saying (although it's from 2015, so not sure if they've modified their policy since then): https://community.verizonwireless.c...e-Hotspot-still-locked-to-Verizon/td-p/850131

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair