What does the LG G6 need to succeed?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
The camera is now much more important in a phone than once it was. LG already proved themselves masters of that in the G4, with a camera that stood up well to that of the legendary Nokia Lumia 1020. So, more camera goodness please. :)

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
for the LG G 6 to win it needs couple things

1. amoled screen in 8k or atleast 4k
2. be a big phone something like 7inch or atleas 6.5 inch
3.cost lower then $400 bux so that i can afford 1
4.have a 48hr battery and 10 day standby battery

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think LG needs to go back to basics. Streamline the lineup, offer a hybrid and a standard size phone of the same model.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
for the LG G 6 to win it needs couple things

1. amoled screen in 8k or atleast 4k
2. be a big phone something like 7inch or atleas 6.5 inch
3.cost lower then $400 bux so that i can afford 1
4.have a 48hr battery and 10 day standby battery
Haha i wish this stuff too.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
They need a solid device backed up with awesome marketing.

The biggest issue I had with the G5 was the poor display. Calibrate the display and put decent capabilities into the headphone jack (doesn't need to be V-series, but Note 7/Pixel quality would suffice) and it will be solid.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
At the moment I'm 50 / 50 on modularity. I think it's really cool that you can simply clip on something and add functionality, but I think it's being implemented incorrectly somehow.

Regarding the removable battery. I think if you plan on keeping your device for 3 + years, then it might be a good idea to have a removable one since the battery will most likely die during that time. But if you just keeping it for 2 years.

Having a non-removable one will allow the battery to be a little bigger and give you more juice each day. Which is always a big plus.

A smart phones camera is very very important and I think it any OEM truly nails a camera. People will buy it just for that.

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I disagree with others who say it needs a bigger screen. AMOLED yes, but bigger.. No. That's what the V series is for.

I don't really care about modules but retaining the removable battery and microSD would be great as that's what sets LG apart from the others at the moment.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
If LG is going to ditch the removable battery, it really needs to improve battery life on its phone. Maybe go with a 3500+ mAh battery. Appeal to customers who want a flagship phone with a powerhouse battery.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
My biggest issues with the G5 are the washed out display, poor battery life and the UI. I agree with the others that the G6 needs an AMOLED or better display, better battery life and they need to clean up the UI. I like the size and feel of the G5, although it could feel less like plastic. Much of the UI can be fixed by using Nova or a similar launcher and an icon pack, but not all of the problems. The camera is okay, but other manufactures have upped that game too. LG needs to step it up to keep up. It seems as if this may be a big upgrade year for Apple and the iPhone and all of the Android manufacturers are going to have to step it up.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's too bad that they are considering moving away from modularity - maybe give it another go for this iteration, and then if it's still not selling, ditch the concept for the G7.

BUT, I really dislike the notion of ditching the removable battery. I LOVED the removable battery on my G3, and I feel like this is really a coveted feature in the smartphone industry. Removable batteries are key. I really hope LG sticks with this feature in the future.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a V20 on Verizon the other day so I doubt ill be upgrading any time soon but if I were to, it would be to a phone that had just as good if not better battery, no modularity, OLED screen of 5.7" or higher and Snapdragon 835 (although that's not supposed to hit phones till spring)...

Truth is though, I'm very happy with the V20.... There's not much I would change. Plus unless the G6 has a second screen, I doubt I'd give that feature up for any other specs or features. Loving the second screen on my V20!!!

As for better cameras, I don't take that many photos or video w/ my phone... I'm not a photographer and most phone cameras I've had have performed fine for my needs...

So I doubt ill be getting a G6 no matter what, but I always like to hear that new tech is pushing the limits of what's available and creating powerhouse beasts for their customers to choose from. So I hope LG brings their A game with the G6! Can't wait to read about it!!!

😀

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
It's too bad that they are considering moving away from modularity - maybe give it another go for this iteration, and then if it's still not selling, ditch the concept for the G7.

BUT, I really dislike the notion of ditching the removable battery. I LOVED the removable battery on my G3, and I feel like this is really a coveted feature in the smartphone industry. Removable batteries are key. I really hope LG sticks with this feature in the future.
Removable batteries don't mean much these days. People don't really care anymore. Most people just want the next iBone with a very small hardware upgrade. It's sad but true (Metallica plays)

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
If LG keeps removable batteries along with the other normal annual improvements they'll continue to get my money.

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I still like the removable battery concept. I like that I can keep a spare charged, swap out, and be running again after a reboot. That and if i wear out the battery the phone isnt trash like the ibone is. What I would like to see in future G series is better screen like oled but stay just over 5" in size. Not everyone that wants a flagship phone wants to carry someting almost as big a tablet. 64Gb of storage, sd card slot, A nice cpu and unlocked models with full support on updates.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Removable batteries don't mean much these days. People don't really care anymore. Most people just want the next iBone with a very small hardware upgrade. It's sad but true (Metallica plays)

It's too bad, because removable batteries certainly make life easier - especially when it comes to, say, replacing a battery. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance