LG G6 Specs (So Far rumoured)

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
So thought i would gather all the rumours together and make a list of the specs for this upcoming device. Hopefully these specs are close and we can look forward to a VERY nice device at MWC in Feb

Announcement: 26th Feb 2017
Launch Window: March 2017

Price: $599 USD
Screen: 5.7 inch LCD (1440 x 2880)
Processor: Snapdragon 821
RAM: 6GB
Storage: 64GB (Expandable via Micro SD)
Camera: Dual 16 MP (Rear) 8 MP (Front)
Battery: 3,200 mAh

Again, these are just rumours and if you find anything newer thats more credible ill be happy to update this list :)

Last edited:

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I came across some articles this morning that agree its going to be 1440x2880 resolution but also point out that its going to be QHD+ with a super-wide 18:9 aspect ratio as opposed to the standard 16:9 for most smartphones... I for one am very excited to see this get implemented!!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So thought i would gather all the rumours together and make a list of the specs for this upcoming device. Hopefully these specs are close and we can look forward to a VERY nice device a MWC in Feb

Price: $599 USD
Screen: 5.7 inch LCD (1440 x 2880)
Processor: Snapdragon 835
RAM: 5GB
Storage: 64GB (Expandable via Micro SD)
Camera: Dual 18 MP (Rear) 8 MP (Front)
Battery: 3,200 mAh

Again, these are just rumours and if you find anything newer thats more credible ill be happy to update this list :)
I hope you're right. Those sound great. Battery should be bigger but the obsession with thin just won't die. I especially like the 5.7 inch screen and 5 gb of ram so I seriously doubt both of them. LG won't want to compete with its own V20 with a smaller phone with the same screen size. If you're right about those specs I will trade in my v20 for the G6. Heck, I would be happy with a 5.5 inch screen but if LG ever wants a big market share they have to go to oled.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I hope you're right. Those sound great. Battery should be bigger but the obsession with thin just won't die. I especially like the 5.7 inch screen and 5 gb of ram so I seriously doubt both of them. LG won't want to compete with its own V20 with a smaller phone with the same screen size. If you're right about those specs I will trade in my v20 for the G6. Heck, I would be happy with a 5.5 inch screen but if LG ever wants a big market share they have to go to oled.

That was definitely my initial thought when i saw the screen size... i was like, but thats going to compete with its 'V' line of devices so i would presume LG would keep it around 5.2 - 5.3" inches and have the V30 or what ever comes next to have the 5.7" inch screen. Will keep my eyes peeled for any new information and update the post.

William Jackson5

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
I am looking forward to the launch of the new LG G6 as I want to check out the phone myself. I have been using Samsung phones till date so this

time I want to try LG G6. They have scraped the modular look and will sport an all glass look so I want to try it out. But does anyone know the LG G6 release date? I am still not sure when this phone is going to release.

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
The G6 will not have an all glass body, but they'll have a very reflective metal surface. The unique 5.7" QHD+ screen is a go already with some crazy screen to body ratio and along side that the G6 will have a water resistant body and will boost a very impressive snapper on the back. However, what I really want is for them to keep the IR blaster, Fm radio, removable battery and have stereo speakers as they're the only once still doing these things. Though the removable battery is now becoming increasingly unlikely and I know the G6 will most probably not have stereo speakers but if they do these things (fm radio, IR blaster, rem ba3 and stereo speakers) then I'd get the G6 regardless of whatever any other manufacturer puts out throughout the whole of this year and next.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
But does anyone know the LG G6 release date? I am still not sure when this phone is going to release.

From the information that I've read from various websites, it looks like not many devices will be launching between now and MWC on 27th Feb. So i would bet on LG announcing the device on that day and giving launch dates. or possibly even launching it on that day. We will have to wait and see. Would love to know a firm release date now so i can mark it on my calendar!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The G6 will not have an all glass body, but they'll have a very reflective metal surface. The unique 5.7" QHD+ screen is a go already with some crazy screen to body ratio and along side that the G6 will have a water resistant body and will boost a very impressive snapper on the back. However, what I really want is for them to keep the IR blaster, Fm radio, removable battery and have stereo speakers as they're the only once still doing these things. Though the removable battery is now becoming increasingly unlikely and I know the G6 will most probably not have stereo speakers but if they do these things (fm radio, IR blaster, rem ba3 and stereo speakers) then I'd get the G6 regardless of whatever any other manufacturer puts out throughout the whole of this year and next.
ugh, should be oled

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
the G6 will have a water resistant body and will boost a very impressive snapper on the back. However, what I really want is for them to keep the IR blaster, Fm radio, removable battery and have stereo speakers as they're the only once still doing these things.
Can't see why they would get rid of the IR blaster, but the FM radio gets disabled by carriers like Verizon, so seems like a waste of money to include it anymore. It would totally SUCK if they got rid of the removable battery! Honestly, how freaking thin do these phones need to be??

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
The G4 was my first smartphone (and still is). I chose it over the models from Samsung or Motorola, etc. because it had a good camera, removable battery, SD card so I wouldn't have to pay through the nose for memory, controls on the back (so I wouldn't keep accidentally pushing the wrong side button), and curved screen.

Now that the LG looks to have gotten rid of everything that set them apart from everyone else (but the good camera), why should I think of them when it's time to upgrade? *sigh*

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Do you know if the Lg g6 will include an ir blaster? That's an amazing feature I would like to see on the upcoming Lg g6.

Great question and welcome to AndroidCentral paterioannijk! :)

Well, since the LG G3, G4 & G5 had one i presume and personally hoping that it does come with one. It's a nice little feature. I probably would never use it, but some really love it. I haven't heard any rumours just yet.

-Myk-

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
This phone just might be the replacement for my Nexus 6. Finding a phone to replace it that has a 6in screen has been very difficult.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21