G6 vs. V30...

droidman401

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I just might wait for the v30...Faster chip and probably ship with the latest new Android OS..Phone going to be a monster

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
If you have a V20 there is no real reason to jump to the G6 unless you want water proofing. I'll wait for the V30 but I'm very happy in the V20 right now and would have to have a solid reason to jump.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
If you have a V20 there is no real reason to jump to the G6 unless you want water proofing. I'll wait for the V30 but I'm very happy in the V20 right now and would have to have a solid reason to jump.
Agreed! The V20 is still a beast in its own right and the benefits of the SD 835 are yet to be seen. For me to upgrade it would have to retain the second screen and come with the newest Android OS out of the box, presumably Android O?? But there's not much I would change about the V20. As far as the G6 is concerned, without a second screen or any discernable benefits over the V20 its a no-go for me... By the time the V30 is announced, ill have about half of my V20 paid off by then and can probably trade it in for a discount on paying it off fully and get the V30 at a decent price. For me, that seems like the move. That or maybe the Samsung folding phone. At this point, who knows... Alot can change in a year.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the G6 is meant to be an upgrade to the V20. I'd rather expect it to be an upgrade to the G5.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Agreed! The V20 is still a beast in its own right and the benefits of the SD 835 are yet to be seen. For me to upgrade it would have to retain the second screen and come with the newest Android OS out of the box, presumably Android O?? But there's not much I would change about the V20. As far as the G6 is concerned, without a second screen or any discernable benefits over the V20 its a no-go for me... By the time the V30 is announced, ill have about half of my V20 paid off by then and can probably trade it in for a discount on paying it off fully and get the V30 at a decent price. For me, that seems like the move. That or maybe the Samsung folding phone. At this point, who knows... Alot can change in a year.
I forgot about the second screen....love that feature

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the G6 is meant to be an upgrade to the V20. I'd rather expect it to be an upgrade to the G5.
That's probably true from a technical stand point, but if LG is marketing the G6 as its new flagship smartphone then it should theoretically surpass the V20 in specs/performance/features, a 5-6 month old phone... Whether that's the case, I doubt it but I guess that's up for debate. But like I said, I see no reason to "upgrade" from the V20 to the G6, whether its marketed as the new flagship or not. Its looking more and more to me like the V series is the new flagship while the G series is looking less so...

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That's probably true from a technical stand point, but if LG is marketing the G6 as its new flagship smartphone then it should theoretically surpass the V20 in specs/performance/features, a 5-6 month old phone... Whether that's the case, I doubt it but I guess that's up for debate. But like I said, I see no reason to "upgrade" from the V20 to the G6, whether its marketed as the new flagship or not. Its looking more and more to me like the V series is the new flagship while the G series is looking less so...

Are they actually marketing the G6 as their new flagship?

I love how LG asks people to sign up to be the first to get info on the G6. They did that with the G5 and V20 and I don't recall them sending pre Intel to anyone.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I just assumed that the G6 was supposed to be the new flagship phone... I guess it might not be. Maybe its like the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge was to the Note 7.... I guess in that case they were all supposed to be flagships... Lol!

tsarcams

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site

the V series seems to be the flagship series, while the G series is more of a testing phase. the G5 had the gimmicky mods that we never saw or heard from again, while the V10 felt like more of a natural successor to the G4. while the G6 is looking to be a G5 with a metal body and DAC, both features borrowed from the V10 & V20 respectively. after getting confirmation that the G6 will have a non-removable battery, I'm more inclined than ever to wait for the V30, possibly the Note 8 if expandable storage is still an option, instead of wasting an upgrade on a phone that isn't truly an upgrade. full disclosure, i know the note 8 will probably have a non-removable battery, but i still feel cheated about my note 7...

I don't understand why LG insists on carrying dual flagship lines when they don't make them distinctive from each other.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
the V series seems to be the flagship series, while the G series is more of a testing phase. the G5 had the gimmicky mods that we never saw or heard from again, while the V10 felt like more of a natural successor to the G4. while the G6 is looking to be a G5 with a metal body and DAC, both features borrowed from the V10 & V20 respectively. after getting confirmation that the G6 will have a non-removable battery, I'm more inclined than ever to wait for the V30, possibly the Note 8 if expandable storage is still an option, instead of wasting an upgrade on a phone that isn't truly an upgrade. full disclosure, i know the note 8 will probably have a non-removable battery, but i still feel cheated about my note 7...

I don't understand why LG insists on carrying dual flagship lines when they don't make them distinctive from each other.
The G Series and V Series are like the Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy Note Series.
Both Flagship level phones with slightly different features released at different times of the year.
The V Series is the larger media focused phone while the G is the volume model.
The V30 will like approach 6.0" in screen size just as rumors of Note 8 also being that size without substantial increase in actual dimensions of phone.

joshwilks

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
It's sad to hear the V20 isn't doing so well, I really liked that second screen idea so I hope that stays. I'd buy the V20 over the G5 now for what that's worth.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I really grew to like my V20, but will most likely get the G6. I loved the G4, wasn't pleased with the V10, and dismissed the G5 outright. I am very interested in the 5.7 inch screen in a much more manageable phone size. Never use the second screen, didn't really use it on the 10 either so I won't miss that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084