G6 uses same camera sensor as $130 Xiaomi pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No paid review was more obvious than when the Pixel came out. Lol

I wonder .. do you say this based on facts? As in if the V20 got a 100% from all the reviewers would you then say they're paid or legit reviews?

See how easy that can be spun? Let's stop the nonsense of paid reviews. I haven't seen any evidence of it but if do have it please share.. Otherwise it looks like people just crying out "this was paid for!" when it doesn't fit their narrative.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I wonder .. do you say this based on facts? As in if the V20 got a 100% from all the reviewers would you then say they're paid or legit reviews?

See how easy that can be spun? Let's stop the nonsense of paid reviews. I haven't seen any evidence of it but if do have it please share.. Otherwise it looks like people just crying out "this was paid for!" when it doesn't fit their narrative.

obviously this is not based in "facts" as I'm not behind the scenes in this. Even if the v20 got a 100 I would be skeptical... It's business, it's clicks, it's selling ad space.. It's just that some reviews SEEMED (I'll use that word) bias. Especially in some comparisons where they said the Pixel was a boring device BUT they would get it over everything else. lol I'm not hating or knocking the hustle, it just seemed quite crazy to me.. and Google obviously has enough money to do that. haha

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
obviously this is not based in "facts" as I'm not behind the scenes in this. Even if the v20 got a 100 I would be skeptical... It's business, it's clicks, it's selling ad space.. It's just that some reviews SEEMED (I'll use that word) bias. Especially in some comparisons where they said the Pixel was a boring device BUT they would get it over everything else. lol I'm not hating or knocking the hustle, it just seemed quite crazy to me.. and Google obviously has enough money to do that. haha
Again with no proof it just sounds like everyone is mad it wasn't their choice. If every other site said it sucked and one said OMG best thing ever .. then I'd get it but that didn't happen. Also when a reviewer says they will get a device it ia purely their opinion. So they choose to get a pixel over the V20 or over a Samsung it doesn't mean that the Samsung is bad or the V20 is bad it just means they prefer that phone.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Again with no proof it just sounds like everyone is mad it wasn't their choice. If every other site said it sucked and one said OMG best thing ever .. then I'd get it but that didn't happen. Also when a reviewer says they will get a device it is. So they choose to get a pixel over 20 or over a Samsung it doesn't mean that the Samsung is bad or the B20 is bad it just means they prefer that phone.
Yeah I said it wasn't based on facts cause I'm not behind the scenes, I also said it "seems". Im not knocking anything, I just don't and never relied on reviews to skew my choice.. case in point, the iPhone has historically been the 'best' phone. Never swayed my purchases. Lol

And the G6 looks like a good phone. And I know the Pixel is as well. Haha

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I said it wasn't based on facts cause I'm not behind the scenes, I also said it "seems". Im not knocking anything, I just don't and never relied on reviews to skew my choice.. case in point, the iPhone has historically been the 'best' phone. Never swayed my purchases. Lol

And the G6 looks like a good phone. And I know the Pixel is as well. Haha
And that's why I don't get people getting upset over reviews. It's just the writers opinion.. hence why you should always read multiple. I've seen multiple writers recommend the OnePlus but sadly it's just a phone I don't want to buy.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
And that's why I don't get people getting upset over reviews. It's just the writers opinion.. hence why you should always read multiple. I've seen multiple writers recommend the OnePlus but sadly it's just a phone I don't want to buy.

For sure. I know that a lot of people tend to like their phones a lot more than what reviewers give them credit for.. at least lately. I've also noticed that the bigger companies have differing opinions than the smaller reviewers. It's funny. It kind of reminds me of radio stations and how they play the same 5 or 6 songs over and over because the major labels give them tons and tons of money to do so. But it's all anecdotal in this case, which we stated. But I think it can go either way.. We don't have evidence proving they did or didn't get paid. HAH.. dog chasing his tail.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I never even see g6 once on street in my city. It used to be g4 anywhere. Bootloop really kills lg.

LG is alive and well and I'm sure the folks over there worked pretty hard to curb any past issues that resulted in "Bootloops".

I can assure you that in any city, you're going to have a high probability of seeing Apple iPhones and Samsung Galaxy devices. Now, if you start looking for G6's, One Plus 3's, Honor 8s, Axon 7's and the like...I doubt you'll find alot.

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
LG is alive and well and I'm sure the folks over there worked pretty hard to curb any past issues that resulted in "Bootloops".

I can assure you that in any city, you're going to have a high probability of seeing Apple iPhones and Samsung Galaxy devices. Now, if you start looking for G6's, One Plus 3's, Honor 8s, Axon 7's and the like...I doubt you'll find alot.
I see less samsung after the note7 explosion.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I see less samsung after the note7 explosion.

C'mon really? I'm not you, but I find it very hard to believe that people who had Samsung phones prior to the Note 7 recall just left their phones. The S7 and S7 edges were on sale months before the Note 7 and they weren't recalled. S8's and S8+ have been selling extremely well. As many Samsung devices that have been sold, I doubt the Note 7 turned off a noticeable number of consumers.

So honestly, what do you see? Everyone using iPhones? Or less people using smartphones altogether.

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
C'mon really? I'm not you, but I find it very hard to believe that people who had Samsung phones prior to the Note 7 recall just left their phones. The S7 and S7 edges were on sale months before the Note 7 and they weren't recalled. S8's and S8+ have been selling extremely well. As many Samsung devices that have been sold, I doubt the Note 7 turned off a noticeable number of consumers.

So honestly, what do you see? Everyone using iPhones? Or less people using smartphones altogether.
Iphone and very random android.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Iphone and very random android.
I've seen alot more unlocked Android's lately. I've seen a good amount of Axon 7's and onepluses. Then some others that I can't identify. I can honestly say I haven't seen a single S8 or S8+ and only seen a G6 once that I can remember.

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I've seen alot more unlocked Android's lately. I've seen a good amount of Axon 7's and onepluses. Then some others that I can't identify. I can honestly say I haven't seen a single S8 or S8+ and only seen a G6 once that I can remember.

For android market, people tend to buy middle range phones instead of flagships now. Really cannot tell the different except someone like me really cares the photo quality or has some very specific requirement. If someone really care showing off or being perfect, they go for iphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer