shouldn't we be close to an announcement for the US launch?

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Hope so. Has everyone but T-Mobile announced pre-order details at this point?

I haven't seen anything yet from T-Mobile. Des (their product guy) said on Twitter yesterday in as many words that they would be doing a pre-order, just not Friday. Selfishly, I'm hoping they waited to see what the other 3 were doing promotion wise first in order to do something better :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hope so. Has everyone but T-Mobile announced pre-order details at this point?

I haven't seen anything yet from T-Mobile. Des (their product guy) said on Twitter yesterday in as many words that they would be doing a pre-order, just not Friday. Selfishly, I'm hoping they waited to see what the other 3 were doing promotion wise first in order to do something better :)

LG G6 coming to T-Mobile April 7 for $650 | Android Central

Sadly that is all that has been said. Verizon pre-orders are already live so I would expect the others to follow soon... Although Verizon is also delivering them by 3/30 so not sure why they are the only ones that are different.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps just flexing that VZW muscle a little bit... because they can. Man I can't stand them lol

Why can't you stand them? Normally T-Mobile is the one bragging about sending stuff early to customers.. I don't see why they couldn't do it this time :p.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Why can't you stand them? Normally T-Mobile is the one bragging about sending stuff early to customers.. I don't see why they couldn't do it this time :p.

Why can't I stand Verizon? Let me count the ways lol... I was a customer of theirs for 12 years. Loved the network, very much disliked the company attitude and the bulk of the employees I dealt with. While TMO definitely has its faults, I'll take better overall customer service (in my personal experience), an enthusiastic leader that actually engages with his customers, and complete phone freedom over a slightly superior (in my city anyway) network.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Why can't I stand Verizon? Let me count the ways lol... I was a customer of theirs for 12 years. Loved the network, very much disliked the company attitude and the bulk of the employees I dealt with. While TMO definitely has its faults, I'll take better overall customer service (in my personal experience), an enthusiastic leader that actually engages with his customers, and complete phone freedom over a slightly superior (in my city anyway) network.

Ah I meant in the fact just because they get it early when they aren't even bragging about it (T-Mobile normally does) :p.

I didn't mind T-Mobile when I was on them.. I really didn't. I was with them for 2+ish years but once VZW got unlimited and we could get the deals we got .. It was hard to say no. Also I am paying less than I did on T-Mobile which I never thought possible.

I get the customer service thing -- it really depends on your luck. I have had some pretty bad customer service at T-Mobile before (I had to email the executive office because they said they didn't get the Note 7 return even though I went to a corp store ... and tried to say it was my fault their store didn't send it and I had to pay) .. So .. It can happen anywhere. Luckily most of my VZW dealing so far has been through a RL friends buddy who works for them. Makes it painless.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Ah I meant in the fact just because they get it early when they aren't even bragging about it (T-Mobile normally does) :p.

I didn't mind T-Mobile when I was on them.. I really didn't. I was with them for 2+ish years but once VZW got unlimited and we could get the deals we got .. It was hard to say no. Also I am paying less than I did on T-Mobile which I never thought possible.

I get the customer service thing -- it really depends on your luck. I have had some pretty bad customer service at T-Mobile before (I had to email the executive office because they said they didn't get the Note 7 return even though I went to a corp store ... and tried to say it was my fault their store didn't send it and I had to pay) .. So .. It can happen anywhere. Luckily most of my VZW dealing so far has been through a RL friends buddy who works for them. Makes it painless.

Well if they did brag about it, then Leger would probably blow up Twitter lol. They are learning :)

I'm glad you are having a good experience with them. Nobody can beat their network right now.

Knowing someone on the inside definitely helps!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well if they did brag about it, then Leger would probably blow up Twitter lol. They are learning :)

I'm glad you are having a good experience with them. Nobody can beat their network right now.

Knowing someone on the inside definitely helps!

Yep.

On a side note I am really shocked at T-Mobile right now. I just saw this on AC.

LG G6 now available to pre-order in the U.S. | Android Central

I didn't know the others were all starting today as well. I checked on T-Mobile but it still says "Coming Soon".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36