Are people nervous about getting the G6 because of boot loops on previous LGs?

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: Are people nervous about getting the G6 ...

Jump on Demand.
c8f5cb2e03458807e71c458ddbd1cb81.gif

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm not worried. The bootloop was really an issue with specific iterations - the G3 was pretty much exempt from it, for example - so there is no guarantee that the G6 will get it. Any phone has the potential for bugs, glitches, and issues - it's a gamble when you buy one from any platform!

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I have had my Note 5 for almost 14 month now. Not a problem other than sub par battery. Hopefully that can be said about the G6

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

My G5 is my first LG phone ever, and its been a very positive experience. Never experienced anything remotely resembling a bootloop, and I push this phone hard every day.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

I don't think there is anything to worry about. Like someone else said, no more than Samsung phones catching on fire. But I believe that both LG and Samsung have done their research and testing to make sure these things don't happen again. I had told my wife that I'd be upgrading to the LG G6 after my G4 started overheating and lagging horribly and she was shocked that I'd go with another LG phone. She, of course is on an iPhone and can't understand why I'd not switch over to an iPhone which rarely has issues like the G4 and Note 7. She was wondering why I wouldn't go with something else. I was thinking, there is nothing else.

I was thinking that there is a vast difference in iPhone users and Android users. As well as vast differences in Android phones. I think that most iPhone users don't know there's any difference between an LG and Samsung or Motorola or HTC. Because they have one phone that looks all the same to every other iPhone out there, as far as UI is concerned. And very little difference in hardware. I see a lot of people using older generations of iPhones whereas with Android, we need ones that are newer.

Android phones are generally cheaper to buy and for my money, offer so much more to the user. And they're just more fun to use.

I really hope that Android phone manufacturers can build solid phones that can compete with the hardware durability of iPhones. I think in many ways Android phones are built better.

I also don't think I've ever seen an Android phone in the wild with a shattered screen. But just about every other iPhone I see, the screen is cracked or broken. It's probably due to the fact that most Android users take better care of their phones than people who have iPhones. Mainly because we have to do our research and even the average Android user knows probably more about their phone than iPhone users know about their phone.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

I also don't think I've ever seen an Android phone in the wild with a shattered screen. But just about every other iPhone I see, the screen is cracked or broken. It's probably due to the fact that most Android users take better care of their phones than people who have iPhones. Mainly because we have to do our research and even the average Android user knows probably more about their phone than iPhone users know about their phone.

This is mainly attributed to how easy it is to get an iPhone screen replaced. There are Apple stores everywhere and the cost is extremely cheap. With Applecare you pay $29 and without it you pay $$129-$149. Its able to be done same day and you just cant find that convenience with android devices and why people are so much more careful with them.

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flyperinc.cornerfly&hl=en
But isn't there a non stop payment plan?
What do you mean by a "non-stop payment plan?" If you're always leasing, then yes, the payments will never stop, as one will keep switching from phone to phone and always restarting a new lease, unless you plan to keep it.

I don't like how the screen's rounded corners are a bit jagged and not perfectly smooth.

You couldn't possibly unnotice that.
Download Cornerfly from the Play Store and smooth out those imperfect rounded corners.

WazzuKirk

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site

Yep, I do have JOD and preordered the G6. And back it went to TMO today. Way too laggy for me...maybe a defective unit, maybe not, just not the right phone for me.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

Yep, I do have JOD and preordered the G6. And back it went to TMO today. Way too laggy for me...maybe a defective unit, maybe not, just not the right phone for me.
That's odd... First I have heard of it being laggy.

WazzuKirk

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site

That's odd... First I have heard of it being laggy.

There are others as well. Scrolling through web pages would lock up the screen, I would get notifications of messages and then the actual message would show up 10 seconds later, a whole bunch of things. It may just be a dud, but luckily I was in the return window. It's too bad, I liked the display and the form factor.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

I felt the camera was better than advertised on the camera thread but in relatively minor low light setting I was getting decent shots, but once my kids moved even slowly it can't focus and pics come out blurred. I know you can manipulate this thing with manual settings but I use my phone camera as a point and shoot style camera, I use my DSLR and proper glass when I want to play with manual settings.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

I felt the camera was better than advertised on the camera thread but in relatively minor low light setting I was getting decent shots, but once my kids moved even slowly it can't focus and pics come out blurred. I know you can manipulate this thing with manual settings but I use my phone camera as a point and shoot style camera, I use my DSLR and proper glass when I want to play with manual settings.
That's the only complaint with the camera is the blur in low light. Hopefully there's a fix soon.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

There shouldn't be any issues with bootloop, they fixed that starting with the G5 and V20. All manufactures have unforseen setbacks just like Samsung and the Note 7. You might want to try the camera before you buy it and see if you like it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I've personally never had a phone with a boot loop problem and so grateful about it :) So i don't have much worry about the device having any issues. I know there was a problem with the LG Nexus 5x but I'm sure LG has done a lot of work to make sure the G6 is a smash success. I mean the screen to me is the star of the show. A 5.7" inch QHD display with almost no bezels. I mean thats a win win!

With upgraded processors and the latest Android 7.x Nougat running. Hopefully we can put boot loop issues behind us :)

I believe the 5X issue was different because it happened after to some phones after an update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith