LG G6 - Camera shots! Show us your pictures

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Just got home and took some shots of my dog walking around and wow, not good at all. I grabbed my mate 9 just to compare and my god they were even worse.

I don't take alot of pictures but I'm not sure how I've never noticed this before. I'm going to have to boot up my iPhone and see how that handles things now.

Edit: booted up the iPhone 6s plus. Same blurry pics of the dog walking as the other 2. I have to be doing something wrong here. At first I thought it was doing better but then I took 5 more and they all sucked.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
20170327_175956.jpg

So I took one with my moto z play and one with the g6. The g6 is so much more blurry. I don't really get it. The camera is really solid, but the minute I get people in a picture they pretty much look like this.moto z.jpg

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Everyone mentioning blurry pics or just issues with pics... HDR on or off? Difference when on or off? Pictures being saved to internal memory or pointed to SDcard?

Camera is really important to me also so looking for as much info on this too.

The camera performs great for still shots....but it struggles on motion shots of any kind.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Everyone mentioning blurry pics or just issues with pics... HDR on or off? Difference when on or off? Pictures being saved to internal memory or pointed to SDcard?

Lots of blurry pics with the G6. HDR on auto and pics saved to the SD card.
It snaps them really fast so it doesnt take any tine to focus and get the shot and then it is available for viewing.

It takes great still pics of trees and flowers in good lighting. But throw in a person or animal in less than optimal light and it all goes to crap.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

I've tried HDR auto, off and on. Didn't seem to make a huge difference. Still got blur in low light when taking pics of the dog walking. I'm saving to my SD card currently, may try internal later.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Turned everything to manual with saving to internal memory. It takes longer to get the shot and has more blur.

0d92a572bc2893461892f9d3888e98bb.jpg

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
LG isn't known for fast updates. There night not ever be a software update to fix the camera. I think OIS isn't working correctly.

Normally yes, but this is an important release for them. I'll bet money there will be an update and fast. Especially given that this phone technically isn't out yet.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
This is interesting. I don't have mine yet, but this sounds discouraging. I remember when AC posted the first hands-on with the G6, they praised the camera, but many of the sample photos had blurry moving people. Many people noted how the photos were very poor. The follow up reviews and the reviews by other sites contain many good photos, so maybe there is a trick to it. I had initially decided against ordering the phone, but saw all of the other praise for the camera and thought it must be okay. It will be interesting to see what happens as more people get their devices.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
This is interesting. I don't have mine yet, but this sounds discouraging. I remember when AC posted the first hands-on with the G6, they praised the camera, but many of the sample photos had blurry moving people. Many people noted how the photos were very poor. The follow up reviews and the reviews by other sites contain many good photos, so maybe there is a trick to it. I had initially decided against ordering the phone, but saw all of the other praise for the camera and thought it must be okay. It will be interesting to see what happens as more people get their devices.
Hopefully the feedback, which probably won't be very good camera wise, will light a fire under LG and get an update out soon. Up until this morning I didn't notice any issues with the camera. Now after spending some time with it I'm quickly realizing it's got some severe limitations. Hopefully more people speak out about it. We really need to send some of these pics to LG so we know they're aware of the issues.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
True... I was looking at last character and thinking b < i but I'd agree 7210 > 7208.

I'm showing H87210b but that update shows H87208i. Maybe my math skills have been wrong all my life but wouldn't that version T-Mobile is showing be older than what I currently have?

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Turned everything to manual with saving to internal memory. It takes longer to get the shot and has more blur.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170328/0d92a572bc2893461892f9d3888e98bb.jpg
I don't see anything hugely wrong here. If this is low light than the phone used a relatively long shutter speed. Not too high iso because there isn't much noise. The boy obviously moved during the time the photo was made, thus the blurred hands and very slight blur on the head.
View the photo in gallery and check the photo "details". Post up the iso and shutter speed please.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't see anything hugely wrong here. If this is low light than the phone used a relatively long shutter speed. Not too high iso because there isn't much noise. The boy obviously moved during the time the photo was made, thus the blurred hands and very slight blur on the head.
View the photo in gallery and check the photo "details". Post up the iso and shutter speed please.

Thing is it is not low light and it was indoors at Mcdonalds. So it was brightly lit. Lots of blur considering he was 2 feet away. His hands are blurred. Overall poor photo quality.

Here are the detail you asked for.

a53a06623f1614f0eda95e3f83dd708d.jpg