LG G6 - Camera shots! Show us your pictures

Nuuklear

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
The sharpening Effect is terrible, its not fun to zoom in actually. But maybe Android O will bring us some fixes for the cam.
For everything else: DSLR or DSLM

Ian Bower

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Apparently it's been fixed on the V30 so week wait and see regarding the sharpening, just fine back from Disneyland in Paris to really test out the camera, stills and video and got some super results, especially with Gcam in good light. Blasts away the wife's iPhone 7 and compares with her canon DSLR. Please stick with it, you'll get there!

Nuuklear

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
I really had better Picture Quality with my Lumix G85 last year. For sure, smartphone cameras are not this bad, you can do really good pictures with them, but in low light situations, nothing compares to a bigger sensor and an objective.

But anyway, i still try out the G6 cam actually. Feels often bader than my old G4 Camera (automatic mode) what makes me sad.

Here are some shots from today before i was buy some food and after. (dugs loves bread!)

20170910_191829.jpg
20170922_154250.jpg
20170922_162535.jpg

FirminK

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
Sharpening and posterizing is only with pics. I thought its because of smaller camera sensor but V30 got even smaller so its definitely software issue. However its kinda funny to have an flagship phone whos camera is used as front camera in other flagship phone (HTC U11). That alone tells alot.

FirminK

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
@Ian, its ok to compare with ip7 on phone screen. We were talking how pics are seen on pc monitor. There oversharpening and posterizing effects are seen on some pics. You think we will get some update soon with fix? V30 has different software and even smaller sensor and pixels and still doesnt have problems discrabed above. Like they want us to invest in V30. bah
Otherwise I love my G6.

Ian Bower

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
@Ian, its ok to compare with ip7 on phone screen. We were talking how pics are seen on pc monitor. There oversharpening and posterizing effects are seen on some pics. You think we will get some update soon with fix? V30 has different software and even smaller sensor and pixels and still doesnt have problems discrabed above. Like they want us to invest in V30. bah
Otherwise I love my G6.

The wife is doing photo editing on a Mac as I type and they look really good especially in manual mode, not sure whether we will see an update to bring it in line with the V30, after all it's a different sensor, even if not, I'm more than happy with what I've got so far, coming from s7edge, and G4 before that. I don't worry so much about the processing too much, if the image works from where I look then it works for me. The Mona Lisa also looks crap of you walk up to it one inch from the canvas!

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
San Diego on the first day of fall
c8b7e5f3d23a7dab919033722ccf6e05.jpg