LG G6 - Show us your homescreens!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just like the Camera thread .. Since people are getting the LG G6 in their hands now we need to see those home screens / themes!

Share them below :).

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
IMG_0016-(color-adjusted).jpg

After 10 years on iPhone, I figured now (meaning Android 7.0 Nougat and Android Wear 2.0) was a right time to switch it up.

Here's my new setup, a T-Mobile LG G6 with an LG Watch Sport that I picked up at AT&T. Replaced it with a T-Mobile SIM card, enrolled in the T-Mobile DIGITS beta, and now my line is on both devices independently.

Homescreen is jammed with almost everything in on one page.

I liked LG's integrated homescreen app, but I like Nova's ability to lock down and customize everything.

It's a work in progress.

jbjarko

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 254987

After 10 years on iPhone, I figured now (meaning Android 7.0 Nougat and Android Wear 2.0) was a right time to switch it up.

Here's my new setup, a T-Mobile LG G6 with an LG Watch Sport that I picked up at AT&T. Replaced it with a T-Mobile SIM card, enrolled in the T-Mobile DIGITS beta, and now my line is on both devices independently.

I liked LG's integrated homescreen app, but I like Nova's ability to lock down and customize everything.

It's a work in progress.

I dig the watch! Thoughts after switching from iPhone?

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 254987

It's a work in progress.

How did you sign up for digits? I tried to sign up today and it said it was full.

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I dig the watch! Thoughts after switching from iPhone?
Honestly, I've been eyeing the Android platform for a while ever since I started to hit a lot of limitations with the iOS platform. Customization of so much more is important to me, but along with it comes the complexities. Some people don't want those complications, which is why the iPhone and its standard feel across the entire platform and their devices is a good strategy. But, it doesn't work for everyone. It came to a point where it didn't work for me anymore.

Switching was a harder step, especially with all the time and money I've invested in iOS and Apple products. But, T-Mobile DIGITS made it a lot easier, as I can send/receive calls and texts on my G6, my Watch Sport, my Mac, my Windows PC, and even my spare iPhone (when a third duplicated SIM comes in from the beta team). I'm off iMessage, but people can still text and MMS almost the same way.

How did you sign up for digits? I tried to sign up today and it said it was full.
Yesterday was unfortunately the last day. They got hit with a ton of applications in the past couple days alone and figured they have enough 'beta testers' to work with. I was lucky to speak to a DIGITS support rep who helped me get it all working right up until the close. I basically had to enroll the Watch Sport as a Gear S3 smartwatch and entered the ICCID of an unactivated SIM card instead (apparently the Gear S2/S3 have an embedded/non-removable SIM), to which they put my main number on it and I popped it in. I also did NOT change the new line to a wearable, just a standard phone, and I'm not getting billed for it either.

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Can you change the DPI with Nougat or has LG disabled it?
My biggest annoyance with the LG devices I have owned (the G4 and V10) is how HUGE everything is.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Can you change the DPI with Nougat or has LG disabled it?
My biggest annoyance with the LG devices I have owned (the G4 and V10) is how HUGE everything is.

You can change the display and font size. Mine is on small and its much much better to me.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 254987

It's a work in progress.

That is one snazzy-looking phone. And the watch, too! Enjoy!

scoty024

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Mine is pretty simple this far.
cb5b4a668b10a73b0d76fcdb1cc02a2a.jpg

QuietNine

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
Background is live wallpaper "forest". Normally it looks much more vibrant in the daylight, but I like that its easier on the eyes at night. The day/night cycle changes, trees blow in the wind, precipitation / clouds is based on current weather, and you can set up a great paralax effect to make it look like a window and sort of turn the camera. I think you have to manually set the season though.
Icons set for right handed use.
Icon pack is whatever the top "Nougat" icon pack is in the play store.
Weather widget is Zooper Widget + Material Style Widget plugin.
ADW launcher.

For those wondering about battery life, hell yeah thats 42% @10pm with moderate usage all day (brightness auto, always on display on, location and bluetooth and normal cell radios on).

Attachments

• Capture+_2017-04-02-21-56-21.jpg
    Capture+_2017-04-02-21-56-21.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 144
  • Capture+_2017-04-03-15-32-33.jpg
    Capture+_2017-04-03-15-32-33.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member