03-31-2017 09:04 AM
30 12
tools
    The next phone to wow folks will probably be the next Note device or iPhone.
    If that facial recognition works well in the S8s, it'll be enough to "wow" me.
    03-29-2017 09:15 AM
    If that facial recognition works well in the S8s, it'll be enough to "wow" me.
    Not trying to dismiss the facial recognition feature but isnt it kind of pointless considering you have to pick the phone up to use it? Isnt it substantially faster to place you're finger on the sensor and let it unlock? I never understood its purpose on the Note 7 and always found it far easier and faster just to use my finger.
    Fred98TJ likes this.
    03-29-2017 09:20 AM
    I went all in on the G6 from the S7 Edge. Overall I feel the G6 is a far superior phone by doing the little things well. The G6 provides a snappier, lag free experience vs the S7E. IMO, LG's UI enhancements are better than Samsung's.

For example, I can multi-window the Mint app and Google Keep for categorizing expenses on my receipts. Not available on S7E. Another example, I can pin apps I want to keep open then clear the rest on the G6. No joy on the S7E. Have to restart Spotify.

The camera is just as good if not better than the S7E. The wide angle camera is amazing with upgraded MPs vs the G5. Excellent innovation by LG here. Also, the phone feels great in the hand.

I could go on for quite a while but I'll stop and answer any questions anyone has. I do plan on getting the S8 as well and selling the one I like less but knowing how gimmicky Samsung likes to be I doubt the S8 will be as refined a product as the G6. Samsung has an upward battle here.

Anyone with a current S7E going all in on the G6?-img_0148.jpg
    03-29-2017 10:26 AM
    I have a pixel, s7e, and the new g6 on Verizon. I absolutely love the g6 but I may have to send it back. The camera is not impressive at all. The s7e does better, and the pixel does far better. The g6 is slower to take the photo and the pictures are very soft, not much sharpness. Also,, since its shutter speed is slow, anything that is moving is going to be blurry.
    03-30-2017 07:02 PM
    I think with any smartphone you buy, there's going to be a compromise somewhere. Some people are able to compromise with the camera or battery life or screen or ui. It all comes down to preference. I feel like the camera is good enough. It hits on all of the rest of things I need and want in a smartphone.

You can compare phones side by side all day and still be undecided and you'll be forced to compromise on something.

It's also what you've gotten used to using. I've used the G4 for just over a year and am comfortable with LG's ui and camera settings. I know how to get good to great results with the camera. Manual mode is really where it shines. You can tweak the color temperature and leave it on auto focus. Then you can quickly switch to manual focus. Manual focus is really easy to use on the G6. It will highlight the borders of the objects when they're in focus.
    ajb1965 likes this.
    03-31-2017 09:04 AM
30 12