Like my G6 decision vs S8

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just watched a bunch of reviews of the S8 and I am very happy I ordered the G6, although I haven't received it. Most of the reviewers are disappointed that the camera in the S8 hasn't really been improved,although they do have a wide angle feature now, while the G6 camera rocks with the wide angle feature. The battery in the S8 is 3000maH vs 3300 in the G6. Probably a wash since the Snapdragon 835 in the S8 might be a little more efficient. Form wise, I like that the G6 is not as tall. The Bixby assistant might have a long way to go to catch up to the Google assistant on the G6. I think LG has a winner, although Samsung will pour millions into advertising. Hope LG is fast with the updates, although my phone to be on Verizon might take some time with the updates. Life is Good!!

Should be your new theme song lol

https://youtu.be/XknueBAf2BQ

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Going to hold a small memorial service for my Moto Z Force, prior to putting it on Swappa. The Force is a great phone, but the G6 is just a little better. It feels better, is slightly smoother and the camera has more features. Someone is going to get a great deal on the Force on Swappa!

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I've got the G6 and loving it. Also have the V20 and miss the DAC but the form factor of the G6 is so nice. I'm also picking up the S8+ mainly for work with the DeX dock as a Citrix and Virtual​ desktop setup.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Note that the wide angle camera on the S8 is on the selfie cam, not the rear facing main camera.

The S8 looks nice, but after having the G5 and using the LG cameras it would be G6 for me. Especially considering the G6 will probably be a couple hundred bucks cheaper in Canada.

the reel d-dave

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I just totaled my Moto X Pure's screen (man, when those break, they BREAK!), and since I'm due to upgrade at Verizon, I debated a bit.

Anyone tell me why I should skip the G6? I really liked it in the store, felt great. The S8 did too, I do have fairly large hands. Decisions, decisions! Any insight appreciated?

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I just totaled my Moto X Pure's screen (man, when those break, they BREAK!), and since I'm due to upgrade at Verizon, I debated a bit.

Anyone tell me why I should skip the G6? I really liked it in the store, felt great. The S8 did too, I do have fairly large hands. Decisions, decisions! Any insight appreciated?
Both will be great devices. You can't go wrong either way. My only gripe with the S8 is the dedicated bixby button that I can't remap and the odd placement of the fingerprint reader.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I am not at all interested in Samsung; too much software that I don't want crammed in.

I will probably get a G6 as soon as I can get an unlocked US model for a fair price. I really like the design and that it has wireless charging. I don't care for the glass back for ruggedness (rather have plastic to keep wireless charging) but probably just put a skin on it for protection and use a case for some situations. Main debate is black or silver. I prefer the natural aluminum edge, but rather have black bezel, and will probably cover the back anyway so that doesn't matter as much.

Although on G6 would prefer a slightly better front camera with OIS or larger sensor.

the reel d-dave

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
That's where I am. I handled both in the store, but I felt like the curved screen on the samsung would be more of a problem. So I picked up the G6 (though I still have 12 or so days to decide to return it).

I had a little battery issue, but it's because I installed all 170ish apps that were on my last phone...bad idea! I reset, started over, and I'm doing great battery wise now. I'm glad I didn't have to return it!

I'm impressed with the cameras, they do good work for me. I love the form factor, even my wife does. And it's tough. I do a lot of moving of heavy and awkward objects. I keep my phone in my pocket. I had a big ole heavy thing fall on my leg, right on top of the phone, the corner of a 2x6 right in the middle of the glass. No breakage! Either the screen is good, or my flesh absorbed the rest of it.

So far, I'm extremely happy, and not at all worried about how the Galaxy performs (from a sense of buyers remorse). If you like the S8, be happy with it. I'm happy with my G6.

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Its easy to justify why you didn't get an s8 and got a G6 instead when you made that decision well before you saw the s8. Now you don't want to go back on that decision and look silly. I ordered the g6 and received it on March 30th. After a few days using it and then seeing the s8 I sent my g6 back in a hurry to tmobile. The phone gets hot relatively fast, the camera is good but not great. Not even as good as the s7. ive had issues with charging where it will charge horribly slow even on QC 3.0. battery has been mediocre at best getting no more than 4:15 SOT. the s8 packs more for the dollar and just looks better. Luckily I was able to get my Google home voucher approved before I sent the phone back.

bigal77

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Its easy to justify why you didn't get an s8 and got a G6 instead when you made that decision well before you saw the s8. Now you don't want to go back on that decision and look silly. I ordered the g6 and received it on March 30th. After a few days using it and then seeing the s8 I sent my g6 back in a hurry to tmobile. The phone gets hot relatively fast, the camera is good but not great. Not even as good as the s7. ive had issues with charging where it will charge horribly slow even on QC 3.0. battery has been mediocre at best getting no more than 4:15 SOT. the s8 packs more for the dollar and just looks better. Luckily I was able to get my Google home voucher approved before I sent the phone back.
Lol
Didn't you just do the same thing?

I can change my mind but no tks.
Not into a bixby button....
If so had 3500mah battery and less Samsung bloat if go for it

Also not into edge screen. Cars look ugly on it and I ain't going naked for a phone that expensive

But I have my own reasons. To each their own. That's what makes Android great
I've had Samsung's, HTC, Nexus LG. I'll keep switching to whoever meets my needs

G6 is not the best.... But it's up there. If pixel 2 minimize it's bezels.... I'm def going that way next year

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci