I noticed there's like 10-15 articles in the last day or two on Android Central but only one article on the LG G6. Is that not biased? The other thing I wonder is did Samsung copy LG with the 18:9 aspect ratio and the rounded corners? I find it one hell of a coincidence that a off the wall aspect ratio ends up on two different brands at the same time.
    03-30-2017 10:45 PM
    The aspect ratio had been rumored ages ago (and remember that the S8 has been in development for quite a while, but got pushed back because of the safety check and battery supply thing from the Note 7 recall, and the LG-G6 ton-of-posts on AC happened when the phone was announced. If you saw a ton of articles on the S8 it's because it was announcement day. The G6 already had its day in the spotlight. Now it's a matter of who'll win the consumers' hearts. The G6 will have a few weeks' head start vs the S8 line. So far, in terms of aggressive marketing as they should be doing, well... they're really falling behind.
    03-30-2017 11:02 PM
    Not sure what your point is... there have been TONS of articles on both handsets.

How could one copy the other when they were both in development simultaneously?... one month isn't a significant enough difference.
    03-30-2017 11:15 PM
    Its called industry forecast. Someone comes up with a cool idea, and every company races to put out their version first. The industry is incestuous, everyone is inspired by each other.
    03-31-2017 01:22 AM
    Has LG done any advertising of the G6 yet? If not, I fail to see how the average consumer will pick that over the me-too S8. Especially because pricing doesn't seem to be much of an advantage of at all.
    03-31-2017 04:10 AM
    People complaining the phone they own is not getting any articles? SMH

S8 got announced yesterday, what else do you expect? Also, there will be more articles, focus on S8 because that's more mainstream and you get more clicks writing about S8 than any other phone. So no surprise there.

And finally who cares, enjoy the phone you like and want irrespective of someone is writing about it or not.
    03-31-2017 05:01 AM
    When the G6 was announced at MWC there was a deluge of articles and tips posted in the AC blogs, and there was a "one month in" article posted in the last week.

The G6 was a big launch from LG for a number of reasons, and AC gave it the coverage it warranted. Now it's Samsung's turn.
    03-31-2017 08:21 AM
    There were many G6 articles when it was announced. Samsung Galaxy, like it or not is the most popular Android OEM. Android Central is not only servicing us nerds but the populous and their need for information. Are there more S8 article? Maybe but it is warranted.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    03-31-2017 09:35 AM
    The S8 is a very nice phone. Not sure if the 3000maH battery will hang as long as the 3300maH in the G6. I used to have a problem with the S7 Edge touching the sides and getting unwanted apps open. My first large phone was the G2. Nice to come back to the G6.
    03-31-2017 10:21 AM
    Has LG done any advertising of the G6 yet? If not, I fail to see how the average consumer will pick that over the me-too S8. Especially because pricing doesn't seem to be much of an advantage of at all.
    I think there is an ad for the G6 out there, and most carriers had it shown prominently on their pages...until the S8 was announced.
    03-31-2017 12:27 PM
    I noticed there's like 10-15 articles in the last day or two on Android Central but only one article on the LG G6. Is that not biased? The other thing I wonder is did Samsung copy LG with the 18:9 aspect ratio and the rounded corners? I find it one hell of a coincidence that a off the wall aspect ratio ends up on two different brands at the same time.
    Why? Since the Mobile World conference most articles were about the G6. Now Samsung has announced so they are getting the press. Plus market size and presence plays a big factor. Samsung has a much bigger market share than LG in mobile phones.
    03-31-2017 01:09 PM
    I'm sorry I created this thread. I didn't know it would start a firestorm. I am very anxious for a full review of the LG G6 and now that it's out all I see is articles for the GS8. I can't find full reviews yet not even on Youtube. I can't wait to see some camera review comparisons to other phones. I'm anxious to get a LG G6. I always wanted a LG phone but the quality control issues always deterred me. But this phone looks good and I'm going to take a chance on it. I should be able to pull the trigger this month after paying my next bill as then my Edge plan on Verizon will be eligible for upgrade. I'm excited to get the free Google Home, even though I don't know what I'm going to do with it. I never had a smart speaker before.
    03-31-2017 10:32 PM