Wireless charging

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone using wireless charging? If so, what are you using? I'm not very familiar with it so suggestions are helpful. Will it work through a case?
Thanks!

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone using wireless charging? If so, what are you using? I'm not very familiar with it so suggestions are helpful. Will it work through a case?
Thanks!
I've tried a tylt Vu, satachi from micro center and a Samsung fast charger puck. I use a SUPCASE unicorn beetle case and they all work fine but keep in mind there is no wireless fast charging for the G6. For me it's only useful at night for charging while I sleep.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
The only wireless charger I have right now is what's in my 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring. It works with the (free) Spigen case I got.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any trouble with any case for wireless charging on several devices. As long as it isn't metal or extra thick it should still charge.

Is the wireless receiver centered in the G6? I don't like how it is lower than center on Nexus 6.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I haven't had any trouble with any case for wireless charging on several devices. As long as it isn't metal or extra thick it should still charge.

Is the wireless receiver centered in the G6? I don't like how it is lower than center on Nexus 6.
Seems to be centered.

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks!

I have been using wireless charging for about a year, initially with a Galaxy Note 2, now with an LG V20. I am actually using one car charger and one charging pad that connects to the mains. Both have 3 coils & are of Choetech brand & they both work very well. I even charge my Galaxy Tab A (6000 mm. Battery) with my desktop charging pad. Both chargers charges my LG V20 with relatively thick case.

The car charger is very nice too. With GPS navigation , Bluetooth & 3G on during a trip, the net charge still increases slightly. Without the wireless charging, the charge will drop by 15% in one hour's drive.

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
so there's really no benefit to it?

If you spend a lot of time near a power source, then you can charge your phone whenever it is not in use, by dropping it on the pad. The phone stays always fully charged.

If you are away from a power source most of the time and are a heavy user, then a portable battery pack will be more useful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar