I have refused to buy a phone without a removable battery until the G6. I have been in the habit of removing the battery to re-set the phone/fix issues fairly often.

How to you do the equivalent when you cant remove the battery? Im assuming there is some combination of buttons to push, but a Google search keeps taking me to "factory reset" options. I dont want to do that every few weeks.
    04-05-2017 06:38 PM
    Just hold the power button down until it turns off.
    04-05-2017 06:41 PM
    Thanks, but it is my understanding that that just turns it off. I want to do more than that.

I finally found a link that tells how to do it.

How to Reset a Frozen LG G6

Volume down and Power button at the same time while the phone is powered on.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-05-2017 06:49 PM
    Thanks, but it is my understanding that that just turns it off. I want to do more than that.

I finally found a link that tells how to do it.

How to Reset a Frozen LG G6

Volume down and Power button at the same time while the phone is powered on.
    I believe that is referred to as a soft reset. You won't lose any pictures, settings, etc when you do that.
    04-05-2017 10:18 PM
    Yes, I wanted something that was the same as removing the battery when the phone goes wonky.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-06-2017 08:09 AM
    Yes, I wanted something that was the same as removing the battery when the phone goes wonky.
    That is your best bet!
    04-06-2017 02:52 PM
    I believe that is referred to as a soft reset. You won't lose any pictures, settings, etc when you do that.
    ::blink blink::

There is no such thing as a button combination that does a factory reset. Holding down the power button for 10 seconds is pretty much the universal method for powering down smart devices for when they lock up.

Holding down and the power button for LG devices is used when powering ON to access the boot menu screen.
    04-06-2017 07:10 PM
    ::blink blink::

There is no such thing as a button combination that does a factory reset. Holding down the power button for 10 seconds is pretty much the universal method for powering down smart devices for when they lock up.

Holding down and the power button for LG devices is used when powering ON to access the boot menu screen.
    Not sure what you're taking about but thats not how it works on my G6.

If you look at the link I posted above, it tells how to do the Power Button with Down volume to do a soft reset as described. This is equivalent to removing the battery. I have tested this and it works exactly as stated. This is done with the phone turned ON. When you hold those buttons down for a few seconds, a menu pops up with a timer counting down to the reset. Release the buttons once the LG logo comes back and you are all set.

If you continue to hold the same buttons down, or do this starting with the phone OFF, a different menu pops up with the following options:

Power UP
    Safe Mode
    USB Debug
    Factory Data Reset
    Wipe Cashe
    Power Down.

So you can do a soft reset or a Factory reset with the same button combination.
    04-06-2017 11:38 PM