Camera scratches

angelartech

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
I've noticed scratches on my camera glass as well. I would assume that's from the careless guy at T-Mobile who slid it across the table when activating it, but now I would assume it's an issue while manufacturing. Luckily, none of my scratches are over the camera sensors themselves, just around them. No scratches on the Gorilla Glass 5 back or Gorilla Glass 3 screen, only the Gorilla Glass 4 lens which is odd.

Lord Rinzler

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welp....me along with multiple other users across the internet are experiencing shattering of that glass without dropping the phone or it bumping into anything.

Funny...Ive never had this issue with Samsung or Apple.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Welp....me along with multiple other users across the internet are experiencing shattering of that glass without dropping the phone or it bumping into anything.

Thats not good, however Samsung had a major issue with this last year on the S7 line. Dont think Ive ever heard of Apple having this problem though.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
You know, last month when I received a refurbished G5, I thought I saw a bunch of tiny scratches on the camera glass. Getting ready to contact Asurion to send it back when I realized there was a plastic film over the lens. When I removed it...perfect!

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I just bought this phone yesterday and its been in a case the whole time. I have a couple small scratches on the camera glass already. I didn't notice them until I was putting on a slickwrap. Hopefull the slickwrap and the case will prevent further scratches.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Is this still an issue now or was it just the coating on the first batch of phones?
I've had 3 since my first one that was scratched and none of them have had the issue. I'm not willing to say it was an isolated incident but I'm not worrying about it much anymore.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I have heard of it happening with Samsung phones, haven't heard of it with Apple but there are do it yourself back camera glass replacement kits available with a lot of reviews, so apparently it happens to iphones too.

Constantin Banciu

May 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just bought the black G6. After 8 days of usage, the camera is full of superficial scratches. I saw that even with my fingernail I could easily scratch the surface. Swapped the phone for a new one...waiting for it to arrive next week.

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
No way lol. I have enough lines right now.

You don't have to add new lines I think since it is a LG promotion, not a T-Mobile promotion, I mean is only with t-mobile but LG is the one sending the check. I'll just added two G6s on EIP to the same line and I should be receiving $500 in 8 weeks

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
You don't have to add new lines I think since it is a LG promotion, not a T-Mobile promotion, I mean is only with t-mobile but LG is the one sending the check. I'll just added two G6s on EIP to the same line and I should be receiving $500 in 8 weeks

Oh god. I have considered getting a Platinum one to go with my black one. I really wish theyd stop with these promotions lol.