battery life is amazing

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Compared to my Galaxy s7, this phone blows it out of the water. Absolutely in love with this phone. I've even had my location on all day and I am still getting great battery life. And that is strictly based upon what I am used to with the s7. I only have 2 small grumbles about the g6 the speaker isn't very loud, and I wish the home screen color and icon colors popped a little more but hey if that's saving me battery life than I am ok with all of it! All around fantastic phone. Takes great pics too! I'll post one

Attachments

• 2147.jpg
    2147.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 245

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Glad you are enjoying the phone but I wouldn't call 4:30 hours of screen on time amazing considering you seem to be on wifi. This battery seems to drain a ton when on LTE. I wasn't getting more than 4 hours in a day while off wifi. Had to send it back.

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Glad you are enjoying the phone but I wouldn't call 4:30 hours of screen on time amazing considering you seem to be on wifi. This battery seems to drain a ton when on LTE. I wasn't getting more than 4 hours in a day while off wifi. Had to send it back.

He still had 19% left. Easily 5 hours of sot. That is really good in my opinion.

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
And like I said I'm only comparing this to my gs7 experience. I would have charged the s7 twice in one night. As of right now I'm like 5h and 43 minutes of screen on time. This phone rocks

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
This phone is a battery beast... 5+ hours of SOT, with a screen this big from a device this overall size and thickness.

To be realistic though, the OP is comparing an old device with a brand new one. ALL batteries lose capacity over time with repeated charge-discharge cycles. This is why I will always prefer a replace-able battery if given the choice. Buying a new device every time its internal battery loses capacity is not an option for me. A more realistic comparison would be to compare a relatively new S7, or one that recently had its internal battery replaced.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
To be realistic though, the OP is comparing a ~2 year old device with a brand new one. ALL batteries lose capacity over time with repeated charge-discharge cycles. A more realistic comparison would be to compare a relatively new S7, or one that recently had its internal battery replaced.

Galaxy S7 came out 1 year ago. March 12th to be exact. 1 month ago I bought a new S7 from T-Mobile and I can confidently say I never reached more than 4 1/2 hours SOT. I generally had to charge that phone on my way home from work, not so with the G6.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Galaxy S7 came out 1 year ago. March 12th to be exact. 1 month ago I bought a new S7 from T-Mobile and I can confidently say I never reached more than 4 1/2 hours SOT. I generally had to charge that phone on my way home from work, not so with the G6.

Aah... I see points noted.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the post @Tony tata 😃 getting around 5 hours of SOT is very good in my books. Always nice to hear positive reviews. Just makes me want this device more each day.

I've been playing Pokémon Go lately (what year is it? Haha) so my SOT is like 2 hours. Sometimes even 1:50. Would be awesome to get 5 while playing.

Orbiting234

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd have to agree that the battery life is indeed excellent. Coming from a Galaxy S6, I'm getting at least 3x the life that I ever did with that! Are there phones better than even the G6? Maybe, but for my needs I have been thrilled with the upgrade from what I had been dealing with for the past two years lol.

electricrelish

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
This phone is a battery beast... 5+ hours of SOT, with a screen this big from a device this overall size and thickness.

To be realistic though, the OP is comparing an old device with a brand new one. ALL batteries lose capacity over time with repeated charge-discharge cycles. This is why I will always prefer a replace-able battery if given the choice. Buying a new device every time its internal battery loses capacity is not an option for me. A more realistic comparison would be to compare a relatively new S7, or one that recently had its internal battery replaced.

Well said. I'm so tired of reviews stating how it's worth it to have waterproofing and lose the replaceable battery. I completely disagree. I also think it's possible to have both.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Great to see u really enjoying your device and getting good battery life... Iam to planning to buy G6 once launched in my country... I sold my s7 edge for Axon 7 and will by G6 and will have 2 best phones...
S8 dint seem much of the upgrade from s7 edge...
How's the wide angle camera. ?

Jeyd02

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
I don't know... I don't understand how people are satisfied with 4-6hrs of SOT. I think this pretty disappointing in today's date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12