Samsung user for many years. Choose G6 over S8 and Google pixel which was extremely tough decision. Here are my feelings. 1) Absolutely perfect size. I finally have a phone that fits just right in my hand. 2) Screen is beautiful, Not that is any better than any of the others but I can't see how it can get much better. 3) Speed, No issues, No lag, very peppy, bu tit has been only a week. 4) Battery, whole lot better than any phone, I've ever had. Once again it's only been 1 whole week. Now the down side. 1) No sidesync which is huge to me. I am at work all day and do a LOT of texting. I.T. Blocks all the external SMS sites so the sidesync was huge. I also purchased Teamviewer which worked well on my Samsung but as of yet, Teamviewer Tech support has been unable to help me get the LG remote control add-on to install. Still working with them as we speak. If I can't get any type of PC control, it may have to go back. I have had apps stop on me. Waze, Xfinity home, and I've never had these issues before. Overall, I like the design, but I think the software is starting to bite me in the butt and the problem is there really isn't anyone to contact about these issues.
    Matty and comk4ver like this.
    04-07-2017 08:33 AM
    So phone is awesome, but might not work out for your particular use case... that sucks, I hope this stuff gets resolved for you.
    comk4ver likes this.
    04-07-2017 08:49 AM
    Now the down side.

1) No sidesync which is huge to me. I am at work all day and do a LOT of texting. I.T. Blocks all the external SMS sites so the sidesync was huge.

I also purchased Teamviewer which worked well on my Samsung but as of yet, Teamviewer Tech support has been unable to help me get the LG remote control add-on to install. Still working with them as we speak. If I can't get any type of PC control, it may have to go back. Overall, I like the design, but I think the software is starting to bite me in the butt and the problem is there really isn't anyone to contact about these issues.
    Thanks for the detailed review @Frank Visconti 😃 It seems like everyone is praising the LG G6 on its hardware. The screen is definitely gorgeous.

I wish you the best of luck with your Teamviewer. Hopefully someone can comment after me with some helpful assistance there are some very knowledgeable people.
    comk4ver likes this.
    04-07-2017 01:37 PM
    I am happy with mine. The screen is beautiful. I like the pics I've taken so far. I'm not entering them in a competition so I'm not worried about them being terrific. Yes, I'd like a software update to improve darker images but otherwise, I'll snap in manual and adjust using Snapseed. I think battery life is great. Reception is great. I have not used the waterproof, won't do that till the pool opens which will be a couple months. I also love that I am getting Google Home and the TV for free. Those are big pluses. I think the Google assistant works better on this phone that my last. It's more responsive. That is something I use quite often. Overall, I am very pleased.
    solotristan88 likes this.
    04-07-2017 02:13 PM
    I've heard that the camera is a bit laggy. Can you please tell us more about that?
    04-07-2017 07:21 PM
    I've heard that the camera is a bit laggy. Can you please tell us more about that?
    I just got mine too and what that means is when you tap the camera icon, it does not open as fast as the s7. It's not instant. There is almost a 1.5 sec lag. Afterwards tho pics SNAP fast
    04-07-2017 08:56 PM
    I would like to know as well. This is one reason why I'm hesitant. I saw a video and it showed camera lag specifically when zooming.
    04-07-2017 10:37 PM
    When I tap my camera icon, the app opens in maybe 1 to 1.5 seconds. Zoom has maybe a 1/4 second of lag. Not enough for me to even notice until I looked for it. Im running in 4x3 13 mp mode.
    04-08-2017 01:38 AM