I gave in and picked up the G6 tonight after work. Wow. This thing feels great in the hand. Although the back is glass, it feels like it's coated in gel. It's not slippery at all. It's actually provides a very nice grip. Also saw the S8 in person, it looks great but did not feel as sturdy. My wife liked it better though saying that the G6 felt "too sturdy"

I also didn't like the curved screen at all. It feels like a move towards aesthetics instead of functionality.

Processor? I doubt I'll ever notice the difference.

Storage? I have a 128gb SD card I bought last year.

Bluetooth 5? Sounds cool but I've never needed anything other than the standard Bluetooth feature.

And the whole DocX or whatever its called is so cool, I really like the feature, but it's also too new. And even if it were perfect, the S8 is not worth the extra $100.

S8 has the fingerprint sensor in the wrong spot. I tried reaching for it while I was in the T-Mobile store. My hands are big and I had trouble. What a silly placement.

I love Samsung, had they made a flat screened version with the fingerprint sensor in the right spot and charged $100 less. I would have picked it up without question because the value for the money would be there.

The Note 4 was greatness. Minus the slow downs. And every Samsung I've come across has had some slow downs. Hopefully they've rectified that.

The thickness to the G6 is perfect. It's gorgeous, it fits in the hand so well. Its a device by LG that finally feels premium. It's snappy. I love my wide angle lens and I love that the fingerprint sensor is in the right spot.

This will mark the first day in my two year ownership challenge. I've never had a phone more than a year in the past 8 years.

I rather keep it naked but I ordered a case just in case

How does everyone like their G6??
    04-08-2017 05:57 AM
    I love the form factor of the g6. The 2/1 aspect ratio fits my hand wonderfully. The screen isnt as punchy as the s7e, but it's still fantastic and clear. The performance is smooth and hiccup free. Best of all the front is flat and tempered glass screen protectors fit well and are undetected on the device.

Some faults - I really wish that the fingerprint scanner allowed you to swipe down to pull down the notification panel. I try to do that all the time and it doesn't work. Also the camera is average. It's good for still photos but the quality is very poor with a moving subject. Also the front facing camera is potato quality in anything but perfect lighting. That is unacceptable for a flagship.

Mine is getting returned. I might try the s8 or I might just wait until the pixel 2 or note 8. It's a shame that lg can't make a fast camera lens or use updated sensors. They've been skimping on the camera hardware for too long.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    04-08-2017 07:46 AM
    I agree.

I am a Spec ***** but my addiction is the reason why I got the G6 (and even the moto Z), these are last year's SOC.

I agree you cannot tell the difference.
    04-08-2017 08:39 AM
    I also think that the G6 is going to hold it's value far better than the past LG smartphones. Yes, it'll still depreciate quickly because of the year old processor, but it's a device that'll have more demand than supply in my opinion. It's a great device. Haven't been this happy with a device since I picked up my first blackberry.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    04-08-2017 06:27 PM
    I feel like the OP read my mind. Thabks for posting my thoughts.
    04-09-2017 08:28 AM
    I also think that the G6 is going to hold it's value far better than the past LG smartphones. Yes, it'll still depreciate quickly because of the year old processor, but it's a device that'll have more demand than supply in my opinion. It's a great device. Haven't been this happy with a device since I picked up my first blackberry.
    I hope so! It really is a solid device.
    04-09-2017 12:05 PM
    Thank you for your review! I really like how you put it: "LG has finally made a premium device." Can't wait to try it out in the store! My friend is going to grab one soon... Maybe I'll consider the G6 in the future, depending on what Huawei puts out in the next year or so.
    dunamis likes this.
    04-09-2017 02:13 PM
    I am loving it! I'm very happy with my battery life, the camera is great for me. It took some amazing shots of a high school play last night. Performance has been great, no hiccups. I love the screen and the dual view of apps.

This is my first full week with it, and I see no reason to return it. I couldn't be happier. It just works!
    04-09-2017 04:24 PM
    Glad you are enjoying your phone.
    04-09-2017 04:27 PM
    It would've been perfect if it didn't get scratches on the camera lens. I much prefer the G6 to the S8s. But I had to return mine because my camera got all scratched up and I didn't expose it to any dirt or sand.
    04-09-2017 07:51 PM
    It would've been perfect if it didn't get scratches on the camera lens. I much prefer the G6 to the S8s. But I had to return mine because my camera got all scratched up and I didn't expose it to any dirt or sand.
    They should have in store to exchange
    04-09-2017 08:13 PM
    They should have in store to exchange
    Yeah, but I didn't want to risk having the second one get all scratched up either and be stuck with it as Verizon only allows one exchange.
    04-09-2017 08:18 PM
    Yeah, but I didn't want to risk having the second one get all scratched up either and be stuck with it as Verizon only allows one exchange.
    My concern as well. I'm waiting to see if there are anymore reports of scratched lenses going forward.
    04-09-2017 08:26 PM
    I got mine a couple days ago and love it. The screen to body ratio is crazy. I think the camera could be better but I don't take many pictures on my phone anyway. I don't really have many complaints about battery life.

I tested out the s8 and s8+ at best buy and tmobile but I really don't care for the curved screen. If they would have made a flat one I would have been all about it!!!
    04-10-2017 12:58 AM