Good launcher App other than Nova Launcher?

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I came to this thread expecting to find other alternative launchers people are using these days. But all i see is bickering about Nova Launcher. I use Nova but wonder what else is out there that's worth the while. I see so many launchers it's overwhelming.

albert fuller

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I came to this thread expecting to find other alternative launchers people are using these days. But all i see is bickering about Nova Launcher. I use Nova but wonder what else is out there that's worth the while. I see so many launchers it's overwhelming.

I don't want to knock anybody, and my preferences are not absolute. So I suggest you go out and buy 10 launchers and try them out for yourself, enjoy the exploration into launchers (it is what I did). Experience is a beautiful thing. What you will end up with and why... that would be interesting. Being overwhelmed is not interesting.

Last edited:

anon(10258037)

Jun 11, 2017
Visit site
I tried the Nova Launcher App and it was great until I found out it disables the double tap function to knock ON/OFF unless you pay for the premium version.

Disabling a primary built in function unless I pay extra, makes Nova ransomware as far as Im concerned.

So, are there any other launchers anyone recommends that dont try to hold you hostage but still work well?

Hey man, I spent money buiyng the nova and I realized when you use the doble tap to lock you cant unlock the cellphone with your fingerprint. Its so anoying. I tried almost every famous launcher available. All have the same issue: If you doble tap to lock, you cant unlock with fingerprint.

So for me the solution was keeping the stock launcher, is not pretty but its very funtional at the end of the day.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey man, I spent money buiyng the nova and I realized when you use the doble tap to lock you cant unlock the cellphone with your fingerprint. Its so anoying. I tried almost every famous launcher available. All have the same issue: If you doble tap to lock, you cant unlock with fingerprint.

So for me the solution was keeping the stock launcher, is not pretty but its very funtional at the end of the day.
Have you already tried changing the Nova screen lock method to 'Timeout'.

90cc9c22e5ecb8d50d9e271ffc7faa75.jpg

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site

I actually can use my finger print when I double tap to lock with Nova, so it could be how you have something set up

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Here is an idea instead of complaining about something you made the choice to use. Don't use it, if you are to cheap to actually support a devolper and the countless hours they put into these products. No one is forcing you to use Nova launcher, that's why it's not ransomware to have a feature be paid only. Again of its so important then use the regular stock LG launcher, that clearly what fits the .pay important feature for the phone.

anon(10258037)

Jun 11, 2017
Visit site
The lock will activate depending on your phone's settings. I have my phone set to lock 5 seconds after the screen turns off, so it will lock 5 seconds after you double tap on Nova.

That just feel weird. I tried here, still feels like a bug or something. I even changed the 5 seconds to imedieatly lock on the phone settings, but it doesnt change anything.