I just picked up the G6 because I wanted something fresh as the iPhone was becoming a bit stale. I love the design of the G6, along with the great display. Its pretty fast & I haven't experienced any sort of lag or stutter. The phone has a premium feel to go along with the sleek design. A few things I don't like are the camera, the software experience, the terrible emojis, and the inferior app integration versus what the iPhone offers. The camera is ok on the G6 I really miss the camera on the iPhone, it takes some great photos. Instagram and Snapchat work much better on the iPhone not to mention the ugly emojis, android and LG need to step up their emojis game. But all in all I'm happy with the phone and how much LG has paid attention to detail.
    04-09-2017 05:18 PM
    Same here. But I'm not going back to the iPhone this time. The G6 has been amazing to me. It has some flaws but is still an amazing phone
    04-09-2017 05:31 PM
    Same here. But I'm not going back to the iPhone this time. The G6 has been amazing to me. It has some flaws but is still an amazing phone
    Just curious. How long was the G6 amazing for you?
    04-09-2017 05:53 PM
    Since launch?
    JustPassin likes this.
    04-09-2017 05:56 PM
    Since launch?
    Attached Thumbnails Thoughts on the G6 after switching from  iPhone 7-1154.jpg  
    04-10-2017 06:26 AM
    I came from the iPhone 7+ and also find the g6 camera to be a bit lackluster. I think the processing is a bit heavy handed and looks a bit like a painting
    04-10-2017 12:11 PM
    I came from the iPhone 6S Plus and haven't looked back since. Have had the G6 since the 04/07/16 T-Mobile launch date and it's been hard putting it down. Android and UX have progressed so much since I last used it with my LG G4. I have literally seen zero lag or any other issues so far, which is shocking to me.
    04-10-2017 04:48 PM
    I came from the iPhone 7+ and also find the g6 camera to be a bit lackluster. I think the processing is a bit heavy handed and looks a bit like a painting
    Completely agree. I'm hoping the rumored upcoming update is soon, and that the camera quality improves. I turned HDR off, which does dial back the overprocessed look.
    04-10-2017 05:59 PM
    Glad you are enjoying your G6, OP! I agree with you: iPhones really do take great photos and their emojis are pretty cute.
    04-11-2017 02:41 PM
    Crazy, I find the G6 photos much better than iPhone 7 photos. I had an iPhone 7 plus myself, and I found Android cameras to be much stronger in general, especially indoors. Hmm, go figure.

Camera aside, this phone is a much better design to me. I don't like the small, low res display in the huge body of the iPhone. I do like the all metal but the G6 is super sexy too. Software is not even a competition, iOS is why I left iPhone and I could never go back. It's ugly, cluttered, nonsensical, and restrictive.
    johnnyshinta likes this.
    04-11-2017 06:10 PM
    I'm so used to everything being on the home screen. I didn't even think to change to having an app tray. I've been conditioned.
    04-11-2017 07:10 PM
    I just picked up the G6 because I wanted something fresh as the iPhone was becoming a bit stale. I love the design of the G6, along with the great display. Its pretty fast & I haven't experienced any sort of lag or stutter. The phone has a premium feel to go along with the sleek design. A few things I don't like are the camera, the software experience, the terrible emojis, and the inferior app integration versus what the iPhone offers. The camera is ok on the G6 I really miss the camera on the iPhone, it takes some great photos. Instagram and Snapchat work much better on the iPhone not to mention the ugly emojis, android and LG need to step up their emojis game. But all in all I'm happy with the phone and how much LG has paid attention to detail.
    Agree, that the iPhone 7+ takes better photos than the G6 mainly with low light or indoor shots with people or moving subjects. It has such a slow shutter which I hope gets fixed with a software update.

As far as app integration I really disagree. Android's app integration is far beyond iOS which is why for me my iPhone is always my secondary device. The ability to set default apps and browser is huge. Also open files with ANY app of my choosing is huge for me as well as having split screen with any app.
    04-12-2017 09:14 AM

As far as app integration I really disagree. Android's app integration is far beyond iOS which is why for me my iPhone is always my secondary device. The ability to set default apps and browser is huge. Also open files with ANY app of my choosing is huge for me as well as having split screen with any app.
    I noticed that when using apps like Instagram and Snapchat for example, those 2 apps specifically are more refined on iOS and the Snapchat photo quality on Android is terrible. It's hard to describe what it is exactly but if you did a side by side comparison, you can definitely see the difference.
    04-14-2017 06:45 AM
    I noticed that when using apps like Instagram and Snapchat for example, those 2 apps specifically are more refined on iOS and the Snapchat photo quality on Android is terrible. It's hard to describe what it is exactly but if you did a side by side comparison, you can definitely see the difference.
    I honestly don't see a difference with Instagram on either device. It used to be different before but now they release updates at the same time for both platforms and the Android version seems to have caught up quite a ways back. As far as snapchat that I don't use so can't comment on that one.
    04-14-2017 11:18 AM
    But I can see how some developers can put more time into the iOS app vs the Android version since there are so many different versions of Android and hardware they need to deal with.
    04-14-2017 11:20 AM
    Also coming from an iPhone 7 here. There are definitely a few things I miss like the mute switch and some of Apple's apps like iMessage but overall I'm happy switching back to Android.
    04-15-2017 07:13 AM
    Also coming from an iPhone 7 here. There are definitely a few things I miss like the mute switch and some of Apple's apps like iMessage but overall I'm happy switching back to Android.
    It's amazing how Android has evolved and out paced iOS with a lot of great features...Love the control I have over my G6
    Jeremiah Bonds likes this.
    04-15-2017 07:43 PM
    @JAG21979, one question i wanted to ask. Do you miss having the fingerprint sensor / home button on the front? Im seeing a lot of people switching from the iPhone 7 to the G6 and wondering why. As you said, the camera, and App performance is better on iPhone so was it the slimmer bezels, that drew you in? Having more flexibility with customization?
    04-16-2017 03:33 AM
    @JAG21979, one question i wanted to ask. Do you miss having the fingerprint sensor / home button on the front? Im seeing a lot of people switching from the iPhone 7 to the G6 and wondering why. As you said, the camera, and App performance is better on iPhone so was it the slimmer bezels, that drew you in? Having more flexibility with customization?
    I personally came from a 7+. I was thrilled to find a phone with a bigger screen and smaller footprint. The bezels on iPhones are ridiculous
    04-16-2017 05:11 AM
    I actually don't mind the fingerprint sensor on the back, especially if it trims down the bezels. I'm getting used to it on the back, especially with knock on, it's not so bad if the FPS is on the back. Yes, I would say the customization and actually controlling every aspect of my phone is the reason why I switched. The design really attracted me, the iPhone and iOS was becoming pretty stale and boring.
    Matty likes this.
    04-16-2017 11:00 AM
    I actually don't mind the fingerprint sensor on the back, especially if it trims down the bezels. I'm getting used to it on the back, especially with knock on, it's not so bad if the FPS is on the back. Yes, I would say the customization and actually controlling every aspect of my phone is the reason why I switched. The design really attracted me, the iPhone and iOS was becoming pretty stale and boring.
    Where LG has placed the FPS is golden. My index finger naturally rests on it when I hold the device without me even noticing sometimes.

The fingerprint on the iPhone wasn't very reliable. It would unlock quickly sometimes and at other times it wouldn't recognize at all - quite frustrating. I used to press the home button to see my notifications and it would sometimes unlock instantly. This is why I absolutely love LG's Knock On feature.
    04-16-2017 12:05 PM
    Awesome, thanks for the reply!

Agreed, this whole 'bezeless' design is really exciting. I hope with the iPhone 7s or 8 they can slim down the bezels and maybe allow us a little more customization

Will be really interesting to see if Apple move the fingerprint scanner to the back.
    04-16-2017 03:19 PM
    One of the biggest reasons i like android in general, is the file system, to most, as evidenced by the huge popularity of iOS, file system doesn't matter most dont even know what it is. But there still a group of people myself included, file system is every thing.
    04-16-2017 04:29 PM