Concerns with camera

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I personally think its better

It certainly has better features, and the dual camera puts it among the best cameras. I just feel the G4 was near perfect with more manual control and virtually no motion blur.

Of course the G6 is the better phone. The G4 had way too many performances issues.

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
It certainly has better features, and the dual camera puts it among the best cameras. I just feel the G4 was near perfect with more manual control and virtually no motion blur.

Of course the G6 is the better phone. The G4 had way too many performances issues.

What's interesting is I was wow-ed right away by the quality where with the s8 I wasnt

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
That's also a good line-up! How do you like the​SE? My boyfriend has it and I enjoy fiddling with it from time to time - with his permission, of course. ??????

The iPhone 7 is my daily driver and I love it - in fact, I intend to keep it for the full two-year finance period, and I've rarely done that with a smartphone! I use the SE on my work line, and it's a very capable phone, especially considering its smaller size. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the G6, and plan on using it on my "entertainment" line, and perhaps moving it to my daily driver if it truly impresses me.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 7 is my daily driver and I love it - in fact, I intend to keep it for the full two-year finance period, and I've rarely done that with a smartphone! I use the SE on my work line, and it's a very capable phone, especially considering its smaller size. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the G6, and plan on using it on my "entertainment" line, and perhaps moving it to my daily driver if it truly impresses me.

Thanks for your response! The iPhone line is great, no question. Glad you're enjoying the 7! I too am interested in the G6. It looks like a great device!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I need some more soak time to see... I've owned several of the top cameras... G3, G4, S7E, 6P and now a G6.. I'll have plenty to compare. Sensor wise, the G6 is pretty much analogous to the G4/5 sensor... Similar pixel size, etc. They just went to a 4:3 format. Optically speaking, 4:3 is better than the wider 16:9 format as it puts more pixel sites closer to the center of the lens.

So between updates to the sensor, the better image handing of the 821 vs the 820, the 6 should out perform.

Now, the G4 was feast or famine... It took good pics, but it also sometimes went out to lunch and focused like a stoned college student at times. And in lower light, the color accuracy went into the toilet. Processing wise, I'll need to examine some more pics to compare the two. And I'll have my 6P as a baseline... That takes the best pics of the any of the phones mentioned.

It's kind of foolish to make a judgement without looking at a bunch of pictures... There's a lot of variability that just isn't accounted for if you look at a limited set. But I'm an obsessive ***** when it comes to stuff like this, so I'll get what I need to come to a conclusion.

darkehawke

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

G6 camera is good, but the G4 blows it away when it comes to low light and stands toe to toe everywhere else

darkehawke

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
got a g6 yesterday and the camera seems fine so far

the front cam is awful though which is a dissapointment. Duo use is a bit of a dissappointment as a result

back cams are great except for lowlight in auto, but need to test more

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
got a g6 yesterday and the camera seems fine so far

the front cam is awful though which is a dissapointment. Duo use is a bit of a dissappointment as a result

back cams are great except for lowlight in auto, but need to test more

Think I'm in full agreement with you there. I tried a few side by side comparison shots in lowlight with my G6 and Galaxy s8 plus and the s8 Plus was a bit better. Not as much as I'd expected though. Same for the front cams. I've changed the G6 front cam to 4:3 to get the best quality but it's still not great and the s8 front cam blew it out the water. I've always been a huge critic of Galaxy front cams as they smooth your face even with beauty mode turned right off but the s8 actually has a great front cam this time around. Looking forward to trying the G6 cameras out and about today since the weather is really nice for once here in Scotland lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv