I've noticed a lot of reviews and user opinions saying the camera is slow and laggy, but I'm starting to wonder how many people shoot in manual by default. I did this with the V10 when I had it and have been doing the same with the G6: treating it more like a DSLR than a point-n-shoot and dialing in settings before I start going nuts. I haven't taken any time to use the auto mode and haven't been disappointed once with the speed. So could it be that LG's auto settings​are just garbage?
    04-13-2017 02:53 AM
    Manual mode is great but 99% of people either won't use it or aren't going to take the time. I understand all of manual mode, and it's great for shots when you have time to dial it in. But there's no way it would be my everyday mode. I would miss tons of shots because many shots don't allow for setup. It's just point and shoot. Of course, I might as well miss some of these shots because when there is movement in the frame, my V20 and the G6 I returned are awful.
    04-13-2017 08:40 AM
    Manual mode is great but 99% of people either won't use it or aren't going to take the time. I understand all of manual mode, and it's great for shots when you have time to dial it in. But there's no way it would be my everyday mode. I would miss tons of shots because many shots don't allow for setup. It's just point and shoot. Of course, I might as well miss some of these shots because when there is movement in the frame, my V20 and the G6 I returned are awful.
    I felt like it was a decent trade off. And I only have to adjust settings once to get exposure, white balance, and shutter speed dialed in. After that I just use focus peaking to quickly line up shots. I just feel like my shots come out better and faster this way. Really wish more people would use it....
    04-13-2017 09:18 AM
    I felt like it was a decent trade off. And I only have to adjust settings once to get exposure, white balance, and shutter speed dialed in. After that I just use focus peaking to quickly line up shots. I just feel like my shots come out better and faster this way. Really wish more people would use it....
    For some it will work. But 99% of people want pull it out of the pocket and get the shot.

For me, just setting up manual the first time could mean missing something my child or puppy just did. That's no longer acceptable to me when I know there are better alternatives out there. The Note 7 destroyed the V20 in full auto point and shoot speed as well as low light and movement in the frame. I expect the same from the S8+ with the new sensor and improved software.
    04-13-2017 10:01 AM
    I would love to do this if knew how.
    04-14-2017 08:13 AM
    You don't need to always shoot in manual. I didn't even do that all the time with my V10/V20
    04-14-2017 02:37 PM