WiFi sign in problems

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Longtime Motorola user, new LG user. On my old phones any time my phone automatically connected to a saved WiFi network that required a browser sign in, the phone would connect to the network and then a notification would pop up that said "Sign in to WiFi network..." and clicking that would open a browser for me to agree to the terms, etc.

No such luck on my new LG G6. Is there a setting I'm missing? What happens now is that it still connects to saved networks but it just sits there with "Connected, no Internet access" because obviously I haven't signed in and opening a browser manually still doesn't bring up the login page. What am I doing wrong?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Have you opened up your WiFi settings in your Settings app to see if anything in there has to be checked off or anything? It has been a while since I've used an LG phone but the WiFi settings would be my first bet. Your drop-down notification menu with the WiFi icon on it isn't bringing you to the login screen, either?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It sounds like some problem with the Captive Portal Login, the system app that handles this kind of network login. Have you disable any system app? Can you find this app in your settings (you need to select show system)? If so, you could clear data for it and then try again.

Another possibility is if there's some conflict with the default apps. Which browser are you using? Do you have the same problem using Chrome?

Yrral3215

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
I had the same issue trying to use a public wifi. No pop up offering to let me log on or enter a password, etc. Just said connected, no internet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000