I am impressed with the LG G6

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I haven't played with this phone nearly as much as I usually do when I get a new one. Like at all actually.. just bought it and inserted it into my normal routine since launch day last Friday and I have to say... This is a really solid device. The feel, the look, the functionality. I really enjoy having the wide angle being 13 MP.. it's a nice size, I guess I was tired of bigger phones and I didn't realize it. But anyway. The battery seems to last longer with normal use than my v20 did..A few extra hours standby and I seem to get 45-60 minutes more of SOT. Overall, I'm impressed.
I didn't baby it around the pool today either. Haah

caveman84

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I haven't played with this phone nearly as much as I usually do when I get a new one. Like at all actually.. just bought it and inserted it into my normal routine since launch day last Friday and I have to say... This is a really solid device. The feel, the look, the functionality. I really enjoy having the wide angle being 13 MP.. it's a nice size, I guess I was tired of bigger phones and I didn't realize it. But anyway. The battery seems to last longer with normal use than my v20 did..A few extra hours standby and I seem to get 45-60 minutes more of SOT. Overall, I'm impressed.
I didn't baby it around the pool today either. Haah
I have to say i agree with everything you have said. Love the g6. In fact im done with v20 and itll go on ebay soon. Battery life is much better than v20, smaller size is a huge plus as well. If g6 had 64gb on board, this would have been a home run instead LG chose to gimp it with 32gb. Even with that in mind, ill take g6 over v20 any day.

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Jeremiah, so you sold your V20? Or are you keeping both? I liked the V20, but it was just too big. This is a much better size. I like the camera, but it launches slow for me and the battery is stellar. I am aggravated by BT in my car where it doesn't display the songs. First world problem, I know but it's convenient. I am still debating between this and the S8. I can return this until Monday and use an old iPhone until the S8 comes out or keep the G6. Tough decision, believe it or not.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Jeremiah, so you sold your V20? Or are you keeping both? I liked the V20, but it was just too big. This is a much better size. I like the camera, but it launches slow for me and the battery is stellar. I am aggravated by BT in my car where it doesn't display the songs. First world problem, I know but it's convenient. I am still debating between this and the S8. I can return this until Monday and use an old iPhone until the S8 comes out or keep the G6. Tough decision, believe it or not.
I have no idea why people's camera are launching slow.. I'm so sorry to hear this.

I traded it in to T-Mobile.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
After using the G6 for a week now, I must say this device is solid. Great ergonomics, great screen, very zippy, smooth UI (Nova)...I think more refinement is needed with Android though, the stutter when going into multi screen is annoying especially when watching a YouTube video...battery could be better, but that's really about the extent of my complaints.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
It's very rare for me to NOT BE IMPRESSED with a flagship device.

Only 2-3 from what I can remember. Samsung Galaxy S4 was one of them, I upgraded way too many times to name the other two. LOL

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
After using the G6 for a week now, I must say this device is solid. Great ergonomics, great screen, very zippy, smooth UI (Nova)...I think more refinement is needed with Android though, the stutter when going into multi screen is annoying especially when watching a YouTube video...battery could be better, but that's really about the extent of my complaints.

I'm pretty happy with battery life so far.. how much uptime plus screen time are you getting?

manusbaldspot

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
How much does it impact battery life? Do you have the "brighter display" setting on?

The brighter setting does drain for sure. I wish the AOD was similar to Moto's version though.

I do miss the messages scrolling across from the V20. But that's it.

Great post. I agree too. The silver model I have just stands out. I'm gonna sell my 7 Plus and hang on to this till KeyOne prices drop on Swappa in he summer.

The G6 has a solid feel to it. Reminds me of the Honor 8.

This will be the first time I don't buy a Samsung flagship. I recommend going to Best Buy and playing with it. A lot. They gives you your fix as far as being awed by the newness of it. After that you'll see it feels pretty meh.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
The brighter setting does drain for sure. I wish the AOD was similar to Moto's version though.

I do miss the messages scrolling across from the V20. But that's it.

Great post. I agree too. The silver model I have just stands out. I'm gonna sell my 7 Plus and hang on to this till KeyOne prices drop on Swappa in he summer.

The G6 has a solid feel to it. Reminds me of the Honor 8.

This will be the first time I don't buy a Samsung flagship. I recommend going to Best Buy and playing with it. A lot. They gives you your fix as far as being awed by the newness of it. After that you'll see it feels pretty meh.

I don't use the brighter setting. But the normal setting doesn't drain much battery at all.

Yeah I played with an SO at Best buy... And you're right, meh.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty happy with battery life so far.. how much uptime plus screen time are you getting?

Being new to Android, I'm not sure how to determine the screen on time...If I were to guess I would say anywhere from 3 to 3.5 hours at best. I do enjoy the quick charge, if I plug in at 30%, it takes about an hour to get to 100%. It took my iPhone forever to charge, but the battery on the iPhone 7 was better, especially on standby time. Still happy with my G6 though.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Glad you're liking it! I've always used phones with LED light notification so I'm always curious to know of users' experiences with AOD.
Yeah when I went to the V10 I didn't realize that it was gone cause of the second screen, but this is good cause it stays on and I see exactly what notification I have. I personally didn't really pay attention to the LED light when I would have it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah when I went to the V10 I didn't realize that it was gone cause of the second screen, but this is good cause it stays on and I see exactly what notification I have. I personally didn't really pay attention to the LED light when I would have it.

I have not seen the V10 in action up close and personal - I'd love to see that second screen! But I get what you're saying. The screen comes in handy, for sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci