Wifi Drain?

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Does any of you experience a slight drain in battery on wifi?

I'm curious if any of my T-Mobile brothers and sisters experience this as well. With every phone I have had over the last 3+ years, it seems like when I'm connected to my work wifi, there's a drain. I'm JUST trying it now with this phone, and I'm down to 96% and I'm barely using it. I would generally still be around 99 or even 100 on T-Mobile towers. My data is really good in this location, as is my job's wifi. I've already edited my wifi settings to keep wifi on when screen is off ONLY when charging.. oh well, I guess it's good I have unlimited data.

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
At&t variant here. No drain on WiFi. Standby battery is as good as always with LG. But I leave my WiFi connected when screen is off always, because for me battery drains more on cell data than WiFi.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I don't notice anymore drain on WiFi, possibly less actually. I'm in an area with excellent T-Mo coverage so my battery doesn't really suffer from either type of data.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
It's always the same story. I'm thinking maybe my works wifi is the devil. Haha.. it's stupid fast though.

I will say that wifi saves my battery when I'm at my parents house. Their area is weird and the towers suffer ok all carriers. Hmm.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
It's always the same story. I'm thinking maybe my works wifi is the devil. Haha.. it's stupid fast though.

I will say that wifi saves my battery when I'm at my parents house. Their area is weird and the towers suffer ok all carriers. Hmm.

Ill connect to my 2nd router at work tomorrow and see what happens. The one Im normally connected to is sitting on my desk in my office and the 2nd one is in the production area out back so I get half the signal from that one. I also have a T-Mo booster in my office so Im literally sitting 2 feet from both types of antennas. We're in a building riddled with metal so the booster helps out until I head outside. At home I have full signal on the 5ghz band throughout the house and full T-Mo signal so I generally dont see a difference between the 2 in terms of battery usage. For me its a consistent 6 1/2 hours SOT and a full day off the charger of about 17 hours before I put it on the charger for bed regardless of data source.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
No wifi drain here at home. I don't use work wifi because it's a pita and slow.

Idle battery drain is exceptional for me on this phone