Just received the VS988 "11A" Update. Anyone know what changes/enhancements were made?

jus2sho

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to find anything about this update for the Verizon version. Anone know what changes/enhancements were made?

Yrral3215

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
I got the update today too, but it ticked me off.

It didnt ask me if I wanted to do the update or give me any option to delay or NOT do the up-date. It just started downloading it even though I wasnt on wifi at the time - using up my data unnecessarily.

After it started, I looked and couldn't find any setting to force the phone to only do up-dates when I was on wifi - did they take away that option?

anon(40232)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site

It didnt ask me if I wanted to do the update or give me any option to delay or NOT do the up-date. It just started downloading it even though I wasnt on wifi at the time - using up my data unnecessarily.

After it started, I looked and couldn't find any setting to force the phone to only do up-dates when I was on wifi - did they take away that option?

Same. For once, I'm glad the mobile data where I work sucks, as I caught it at 2% and promptly turned off mobile data. Its a good thing I looked at it when I did.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Verizon has consistently been putting out updates faster then the other carriers for the past few years.

Go Big Red.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I was also disappointed that I couldn't stop it from downloading on my network unless I turned on airplane mode. There was no option to pause it or cancel the download. This is very stupid on Lg's or Verizon's part.

evanborkow

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

There's a setting under Developer Options where you can turn off automatic system updates.