Galaxy S8 is much faster!!

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Just saw a YouTube and the guy had a speed test. In many, but not all, the S8 was faster. Now what exactly is faster? It might have been .003 seconds faster to open!!! I am not impressed with the S8. I really, really like my G6. Hope they sell a bunch.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
When it comes to applications and browsers launching hundreths or thousandths of a second faster, there's no "real world" argument. I trust that manufacturers are making sure these devices are running as fast as possible without having adverse effects.

That being said. I never cared about who's browser launched the fastest or who holds the highest benchmarks. What I care about is real world use. Within the return period of owning a device, I'll run it through my own tests and websites to see if I like the performance.

MikeSGS6

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
True that, i am moving to G6 from S6. S8 its just not interesting, nothing special. Boring Samsung. And 835 and 821 in normal day use we won't see any difference.

Fille84

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Just saw a YouTube and the guy had a speed test. In many, but not all, the S8 was faster. Now what exactly is faster? It might have been .003 seconds faster to open!!! I am not impressed with the S8. I really, really like my G6. Hope they sell a bunch.

Oh no!!!!!

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I have seen some of those and they do look like the S8 is a split-second faster but that's to be expected with the faster processor. I would be more concerned with the speeds three to six months from now. Every Samsung I have owned, even the Note 7, slowed down as I added apps. It was a constant effort to maintain the same fluidity as when right out of the box.

macdarwin

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I only have one phone and its a G6. Will i know that its slower or faster than any other phone? No. Its not like im carrying an S8 and a G6 and use it at the same time. My G6 is flawless so far and smooth, The only thing i will replace my G6 is the Note 8. I love the Note series.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
To be honest let's not pretend LG phones hold up any good. They are going to lag as well down the line.

I've never had an LG. This is my first so I would not know. I've had a few HTC phones, Sony phones, and iPhones but mostly Samsung phones. The Samsung phones were the ones that I had to stay on top of to avoid outright sluggishness. I never did mind though because I'm a tinkerer but they were quite clearly more prone to it than others.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey now..... Just wait till the V30 comes out with the 835 chip, 4000 battery, 4K screen and the Octo DAC. We will see how much you like your G6 then... Mr Jump on Demand!
Hahaha.. I will probably end up jumping to the V30.. But I will say this, water resistance has already been good to me.. Oddly though, I never needed it before.. I don't need it now, but it was here at the right moment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1