So close to buying G6!!

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I've a good deal on a new lg g6 here locally and I went to a store and played with the black G6 . The design is beautiful and eye candy.

But I'm a big Windows Mobile fan and currently use the Lumia 950 and quite happy with it. But I want a newer device and there isn't any new Windows phones available.

Here are my pros and cons

Lumia 950 Pro's
Windows UI
Size and feel in hand
Camera - best in class, nothing comes close including Samsung and iPhone
Glance, double tap to wake/sleep
Simple and easy OS interface

Cons
Lack of apps - mainly Fitbit notifications
Windows OS updates are not straight forward

LG G6 Pro's
Elegant design
Large screen and smaller overall size
Top of the line specs
Price of the device I'm getting

CONS
Android UI - Ugly and cumbersome
Lack of glance with weather on lock screen (Lumia screenshot attached)
Lack of physical camera button
Lack of an email client for all type of accounts in one place - including iCloud

Should i bite the bullet and get a G6?

nBEhgTG.jpg

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I've a good deal on a new lg g6 here locally and I went to a store and played with the black G6 . The design is beautiful and eye candy.

But I'm a big Windows Mobile fan and currently use the Lumia 950 and quite happy with it. But I want a newer device and there isn't any new Windows phones available.

Here are my pros and cons

Lumia 950 Pro's
Windows UI
Size and feel in hand
Camera - best in class, nothing comes close including Samsung and iPhone
Glance, double tap to wake/sleep
Simple and easy OS interface

Cons
Lack of apps - mainly Fitbit notifications
Windows OS updates are not straight forward

LG G6 Pro's
Elegant design
Large screen and smaller overall size
Top of the line specs
Price of the device I'm getting

CONS
Android UI - Ugly and cumbersome
Lack of glance with weather on lock screen (Lumia screenshot attached)
Lack of physical camera button
Lack of an email client for all type of accounts in one place - including iCloud

Should i bite the bullet and get a G6?

http://i.imgur.com/nBEhgTG.jpg

All your cons for the G6 can be changed. There are quite a few email clients that have all inclusive..

Also, the volume down button is the shutter button for the camera.

If you don't like Android UI, you can download a launcher.. There are few windows inspired launchers.

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
All your cons for the G6 can be changed. There are quite a few email clients that have all inclusive..

Also, the volume down button is the shutter button for the camera.

If you don't like Android UI, you can download a launcher.. There are few windows inspired launchers.
Agreed
I do have a s6 edge which i never use - sitting in my drawer. I've searched all the time for an email client that can do both email and calendar integration for all accounts including iCloud..nothing is like outlook

I can still live with that if android has a launcher similar to Windows. Squarehome2 resembles something like Windows but no live tiles.

If Microsoft makes a launcher with live tiles ill buy the g6 right away.

Sent from mTalk

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I shifted from Lumia 950 to s7 edge to axon 7...andriod has really improved with time and has all the apps that windows dint
Thou I still have Nokia 1020 and Nokia 808 mainly for camera

Ozone Rambler

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Buy the G6. I just came over from Windows Mobile. Microsoft is pretty much out of the phone business. It was tough for me to leave as I really liked the interface on Windows Mobile but the lack of support and MS not having a clear idea of what they are doing in mobile left me no choice. You'll the G6.

Last edited:

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Buy the G6. I just came over from Windows Mobile. Microsoft is pretty much out of the phone business. It was tough for me to leave as I really liked the interface on Windows Mobile but the lack of support and MS not having a clear idea of what they are doing in mobile left me no choice. You'll the G6.
How do you like the camera on g6? Is it comparable to Lumia 950?

Sent from mTalk

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Looks like someone has no clue about Android. Weather in lock screen? Damn I can get an entire forecast on my lock screen.

And don't even get me started on the boring tile UI.

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Looks like someone has no clue about Android. Weather in lock screen? Damn I can get an entire forecast on my lock screen.

And don't even get me started on the boring tile UI.

Not on lock screen. It's called glance in Windows. It's the always on screen in android.

Sent from mTalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle