I've been reading about lag in the camera app in pre-release models. Is that lag still there in the final version?

I primarily use my camera phones to take family pictures, which often involves kids running around in the living room. I had no issue with the iPhone 7 Plus's camera or the S7e's - is it comparable with those speed-wise?
    04-19-2017 03:12 AM
    I had it on release and was not pleased with the shear amount of blurred photos and lag with zoom and the photo being captured. I really don't want a curved screen and I'm very interested still in this phone and would love to know if the concerns that were voiced commonly on here have been resolved.
    04-20-2017 12:58 PM
    I was worried about the picture quality when I opened the discussion on here, but I haven't seen any issues with it personally.
    04-20-2017 03:10 PM
    This forums died down. Apparently everybody went to trade for a S8. Lol
    04-20-2017 04:45 PM
    Yeah this forum has been dead since the beginning.. I still go into the v20 forum everyone once in awhile.. But even that is.. I take it to mean that people don't have anything to complain about when it comes to their phones.
    04-20-2017 04:54 PM
    Or they simply don't like the G6 :-) the S8 forum is buzzing. It's not a good sign that LG is already doing a 200$ trade-in program here in Switzerland.
    04-21-2017 09:36 AM
    Or they simply don't like the G6 :-) the S8 forum is buzzing. It's not a good sign that LG is already doing a 200$ trade-in program here in Switzerland.
    It's out stock ag every Verizon store near me with a ship to home only option that's 4 days out. And Best Buy only has one carrier version in black in stock. So it's not as dismal as you suggest.
    04-21-2017 09:42 AM
    It's out stock ag every Verizon store near me with a ship to home only option that's 4 days out. And Best Buy only has one carrier version in black in stock. So it's not as dismal as you suggest.
    A lack of stock says extremely little about how a device is doing on the market. New Blackberry's were always very rare and they only sold a handful.

It's not even on the market yet in Europe but it's already being heavily discounted. With the trade-in orogram, it's only 550$ without a contract.
    04-21-2017 11:48 AM
    I think if people didn't like the phone, there would be much more complaining and more forums opening about things they don't like.. I think the lack there of is a sign of contentment. But I could be wrong. Haha.. The s8 forum is buzzing foreal though.
    04-21-2017 01:26 PM
    A lack of stock says extremely little about how a device is doing on the market. New Blackberry's were always very rare and they only sold a handful.

It's not even on the market yet in Europe but it's already being heavily discounted. With the trade-in orogram, it's only 550$ without a contract.
    I disagree. If Verizon and Best Buy both sold out and can't keep them in stock that says a lot.
    04-21-2017 07:35 PM
    I've been reading about lag in the camera app in pre-release models. Is that lag still there in the final version?

I primarily use my camera phones to take family pictures, which often involves kids running around in the living room. I had no issue with the iPhone 7 Plus's camera or the S7e's - is it comparable with those speed-wise?
    I believe it is, my G6 camera app lags horribly. It's takes about 5 seconds to load, definitely not on par with the iPhone 7 I gave up to get the G6. I'll hang on to the G6 for another week or so and see if things change. It's not what I expect from a flagship device. Funny thing is that everything else about the G6 is fast. Going in and out of apps is fast, and I haven't experienced any other issues whatsoever, besides the camera app.
    zipro likes this.
    04-21-2017 09:36 PM
    I believe it is, my G6 camera app lags horribly. It's takes about 5 seconds to load, definitely not on par with the iPhone 7 I gave up to get the G6. I'll hang on to the G6 for another week or so and see if things change. It's not what I expect from a flagship device. Funny thing is that everything else about the G6 is fast. Going in and out of apps is fast, and I haven't experienced any other issues whatsoever, besides the camera app.
    I definitely don't have lag like you're describing, but it's definitely not quick.
    zipro likes this.
    04-21-2017 09:45 PM