Power button not working great

Clinton Thomason

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone have the problem of the power button not working all that great? Takes me a few presses before it shuts the screen off. The fingerprint reader turns it on but it takes several tries to shut it off.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have the problem of the power button not working all that great? Takes me a few presses before it shuts the screen off. The fingerprint reader turns it on but it takes several tries to shut it off.

Yes this is an issue for me too but I thought it was only me. Never thought to post about it because it didn't bother me much. I definitely have had the issue from the beginning. It's not that it takes a few presses, it just takes a little more pressure than we'd like to input. Unless it's really just a defect.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine since launch day I think, maybe a couple of days later. It's happened since day one

Is everything else working as hoped and expected? If you're still within your warranty/return period, you could always bring it to the store/carrier and see what they suggest.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Is everything else working as hoped and expected? If you're still within your warranty/return period, you could always bring it to the store/carrier and see what they suggest.

Yes. Everything is going well. I love the phone. The lock button doesn't bother me enough to do an exchange. I just commented so that the OP didn't think they were alone with this minor thing. Then again, could just be the case on the phone hindering the function.

DroidPower92

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Glad that you posted this as I was wondering if I was the only one with the same problem. Not a deal breaker for me though because I use the knock feature to open and close the screen.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Everything is going well. I love the phone. The lock button doesn't bother me enough to do an exchange. I just commented so that the OP didn't think they were alone with this minor thing. Then again, could just be the case on the phone hindering the function.

Glad you're loving the phone! And for sure, perhaps the case is causing some hindrance.

lightrules

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Same issue here, I find myself having to press the button sometimes a little harder or several times to get it on. I'm okay with it but it is somewhat annoying.

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Does the G6 have knock on/off like previous G phones? I have the G5 and I almost never use the power button to turn the phone off.

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed this too, also when I at my phone down on a surface the screen reacts different button presses and such seems ike they don't work or take multiple trys. Same thing with the knock on feature.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah me too. It sometimes takes a few presses to lock the phone for me. I had the G5 last year which was the same set up and it worked 100% of time. I use Double tap to wake the phone but usually use the power button on the back to lock it afterwards. I use Nova Launcher so can only really double tap the status bar at the top to knock the phone off again otherwise

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing - I have to hit it juuuuust right to turn off the display. On the other hand, the fingerprint sensor works flawlessly - at least as good as my iPhone 7!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol